Skid Plates?

Anyone here know of any aftermarket skid plates for our trucks that don't have a brand name on them? Basically this without the advertising:

http://cstsuspension.com/2014-1500-2wd-pick-up/291-aluminum-skid-plate-2014-2015-chevy-gmc-1500.html

291-1723.jpg

Edited by TheArizonaPatriot

GM makes skid plates/Under Body Shield, I have these, huge improvement over the stock plastic with cheap beer can metal brace. These skid plates are metal I don't have pics take some later.

Under Body Shield

Part Name: Under Body Shield, For Vehicles with V8 Engines

Part #: 23176881

Brand: Chevrole/GMCt OEM

Help protect the underside of your Silverado 1500 equipped with a V8 engine from road debris that can harm key mechanical components with this Under Body Shield. It’s an important feature to have, especially for driving off-road.

http://www.chevrolet.com/ownership/accessories-1.html?s_tnt=185022:1:0

Edited by camcamaro1991

Had my truck on a lift yesterday. (2016 Silverado LTZ/Z71 Crew) I was very surprised for the amount of money these vehicles cost that the factory installed shields are plastic.

Had my truck on a lift yesterday. (2016 Silverado LTZ/Z71 Crew) I was very surprised for the amount of money these vehicles cost that the factory installed shields are plastic.

I would agree!

My girl and I were looking at a TRD Pro 4Runner Wednesday evening and it has a nice thick skid plate on it. The 13' non TRD she has now has a metal skid plate, have to remove the damn thing every time I change the oil.

GM makes skid plates/Under Body Shield, I have these, huge improvement over the stock plastic with cheap beer can metal brace. These skid plates are metal I don't have pics take some later.

Under Body Shield

Part Name: Under Body Shield, For Vehicles with V8 Engines

Part #: 23176881

Brand: Chevrole/GMCt OEM

Help protect the underside of your Silverado 1500 equipped with a V8 engine from road debris that can harm key mechanical components with this Under Body Shield. It’s an important feature to have, especially for driving off-road.

http://www.chevrolet.com/ownership/accessories-1.html?s_tnt=185022:1:0

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

My truck has the transfer case plate. Sucks I'd have to pay for a plate I can't use.

Sell it on Ebay or Craigslist. Always a 4WD non Z71 owners looking for transfer case skid plates.

I was one of them. Spent $25 for plate and another $30 for the GM self-tapping bolts.

Of course then I went out and bought the GM skid plate kit once it was verified that they were

aluminum and not the plastic shown in the GM accessory page pics. Now I have an extra transfer case

plate and 4 self-tapping bolts too.

You can buy the 2 front skid plates seperate and save a little money. I found the part numbers and went to the dealer and ordered them.

The part #s for the skids are:

Front from behind bumper to first crossmember. 23135960

Rear from first to second crossmembers under axle/rack. 23135959

Edited by HoosierZ
  • Like 2

You can buy the 2 front skid plates seperate and save a little money. I found the part numbers and went to the dealer and ordered them.

The part #s for the skids are:

Front from behind bumper to first crossmember. 23135960

Rear from first to second crossmembers under axle/rack. 23135959

Are these for the metal ones or plastic like stock?