Added wireless charger to 40/20/40 center console

Hey guys, I picked up my 2015 Silverado CC LT Z71 a few weeks ago, and I love it. One of the first mods I did was to add a wireless charger to the tray on the folded middle front seat. With a triple-coil DIY Qi charger element and a direct wire to micro-USB converter from Amazon and some hot glue, it was a piece of cake. Pop the plastic cover off the bottom of the lid, remove the four screws that hold in the tray, and lift the tray off. Grind the standoffs off and smooth it out with sandpaper. I opted to cut the fabric square out from underneath the tray and hot glue the edges in place. I tapped into the 12v power point in the console for power, and completely concealed the wire. Bring the wire into the opening, plug it into the Qi charger, and do a test-run to make sure your phone charges. It took me a few tries to get the positioning just right. After you're sure about the positioning, hot glue the Qi charger and cords in place, close it all up, and you're good to go! I'm enjoying having wireless charging in my truck, all for $25 of parts from Amazon.

I can't figure out the images on this site - pictures of the install are on a Google Photo album - https://goo.gl/photos/X2iA3xF9aygZfiqP7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...