Where was your baby born?

Thomcat

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ft. Wayne trucks mostly in my part of Canada. Probably significantly less transport costs to GM than to ship Mexican trucks way up here.

They don't make 1500 crew cabs there so its likely that any 1500 crew cabs are still coming from Mexico despite the long ride. It's possible they send some of the 1500 crews built in Flint your way but the only way to tell is the VIN or the plant sticker on the drivers door.

2016 Mexican crew cab piece of shit. Or at least the components are junk. Assembly fit and finish seem ok. Had the backup sensors, back up camera, usb ports, fm antenna, exhaust system, and one rim replaced by 7k miles. My door rattles something loose inside when I close it which is the only assembly issue. Also had the black roof trim strip pop up and replaced.

those components on your Mexican assembled truck are the same components that go into the trucks assembled in america or canada or china or wherever- and are installed and assembled the exact same way. Those components were all built by separate manufacturers under contract by GM and other auto manufacturers.

What trucks do they build in flint?

2500 and 3500

I could be mistaken.. but If I remember correctly, GM also but only builds 1500 Silverado's in Flint. Not any 1500 Sierra's. And It's only like 20,000 per year. It isn't very many in the overall grand plan.

6/11 in Silao, Mexico...5.3 8 speed.... no issues so far.. just the dumb 1-2 gear clunck.. but taking it in to get that looked at on my 2nd oil change and airbag recall!..

81 Vette - St Louis, MI

11 Camaro - final assemble Oshawa, ON but engine and transmission were made in USA

14 Caddy ATS - Lansing Michigan

15 Silverad- Sialo, Mexico but the engine and transmission were made in the USA

I was NOT happy that out of all the trucks made in the USA, the only one I wanted, a crew cab was the only one assembled in Mexico. I spent a good hour examining this truck, and a double cab next to it, to see if I could see any build quality differences and I could not find a thing......

And then everyone who is bitching that their truck was assembled down in Mexico is going to bitch because the cost of their next new truck will be much higher ever since assembly shifted from Mexico back to the states. :nopity:

Archived