Where was your baby born?

Thomcat

And then everyone who is bitching that their truck was assembled down in Mexico is going to bitch because the cost of their next new truck will be much higher ever since assembly shifted from Mexico back to the states. :nopity:

I didn't pay any more for my truck built in fort Wayne than the guy who has a truck built in Mexico...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mostly curious because of the stink being raised by Trump about the Hatchback Cruise cars. So they have moved 1500 Crew Cab production back to US as of 2017? Getting conflicting answers here???????

A quick search on Google shows reg cab and double cab at Fort Wayne and 2500's at Flint?????

The answer is no. They presently do not have any plans to move production back. It's alright, it's not the end of the world. Breathe.

No issues with me where they are built, But wondering why Donald would be worried about a few hatchback cars when he should be looking at one of GM's top sellers!

I didn't pay any more for my truck built in fort Wayne than the guy who has a truck built in Mexico...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wouldn't make sense if thy did have different pricing! The interesting cost to know is what is the difference to produce the same truck between the two locations.

I could be mistaken.. but If I remember correctly, GM also but only builds 1500 Silverado's in Flint. Not any 1500 Sierra's. And It's only like 20,000 per year. It isn't very many in the overall grand plan.

There is no brand exclusive plant as far as I know. They already build both brand HDs there and Flint is only supplementing 1500 production anyhow.

There is no brand exclusive plant as far as I know. They already build both brand HDs there and Flint is only supplementing 1500 production anyhow.

Flint builds Chevy and GMC HD's.. but I think they only build 1500's for Chevy, not GMC. Keeps inventory/planning costs lower because it's low volume.

Flint, Mi here...

2016 Silverado Crew Cab, Standard box

It took me almost 8 months to find a Flint built LT with leather.

My only complaint is 12 paint chips in less than 2,500 miles. My 14 didn't have a single chip when I traded it in.

IMG_0522_1.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

My GMC Denali was made in Mex, Silao

6.2- 8 speed auto.

Everything has been great, except the torque converter had to be replaced, 55mph vibration on and off.( when it vibrated the Tach would jump up 150-200 rpm)

Archived