I'm looking at two nearly identical trucks at two different dealers. Dealer #1 offers $3,500 in GM incentives while dealer #2 offers $5,000. Why the disparity. Is the one dealer holding back?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking at two nearly identical trucks at two different dealers. Dealer #1 offers $3,500 in GM incentives while dealer #2 offers $5,000. Why the disparity. Is the one dealer holding back?

Did you ask them what incentives they are giving you? Once you find that out you could always ask dealer X why they are not giving you a certain incentive.

You should be able to wait for certain months and get over 20% off msrp. I ended up getting 21% off before taxes. Definitely shop around with due diligence and you'll end up with a sweet deal.

Are you figuring in what you paid in dealer fees?

I used the sticker price and the price I paid for the vehicle. I only paid tax and title on top of that.

My sticker was $53,590. Purchase price was $38,8xx.

Give it a few months and you will defiantly get a better deal.

Are the trucks identical option/model/trim. The incentives very for these reasons. Usually the more expensive the truck the more incentive.

I did my trade when the 20% / 0% financing was on plus other incentives at the dealer and pulled the asking price down by $14,000.

I used the sticker price and the price I paid for the vehicle. I only paid tax and title on top of that.

My sticker was $53,590. Purchase price was $38,8xx.

What state? I've never heard of a deal that did not include at least some sort of dealer fee. Lots of guys crow about their "sales price" deal, failing to mention that the dealer bent them over for several hundred dollars in fees not included in purchase price. In Florida, for example, you can easily pay up to $1,000 or more in dealer fees. What you got, and when, also factors in --- I'm looking at a leftover '16 at more than 25% discount. It's all relative. What matters is making the best deal you can on what you want most - which almost always involves ordering.

New York. I had no dealer fees. They do make you pay taxes on the "rebate", if you want to consider that a fee lol. I bought a 16 off the lot when they had plenty of new 17's so I'm guessing they were more willing to deal on it.

Usually the more expensive the truck the more incentive.

The above was the case when I purchased my 2016 LTZ Custom Sport Duramax when I was considering an LT Midnight Edition Duramax.

Also keep in mind that dealers select what vehicle they put a Bonus Tags on. This is why the pickup I purchased was $2,500 cheaper than the exact same truck the dealer had at one of their other locations. I was told that once a Bonus Tags is applied to a VIN, it is stuck with that vehicle until it is sold. To my understanding, the number of bonus tags a dealer receives is based on the number of vehicles they sale in the previous month which is one reason why higher volume dealers typically have better prices.

What state? I've never heard of a deal that did not include at least some sort of dealer fee. Lots of guys crow about their "sales price" deal, failing to mention that the dealer bent them over for several hundred dollars in fees not included in purchase price. In Florida, for example, you can easily pay up to $1,000 or more in dealer fees. What you got, and when, also factors in --- I'm looking at a leftover '16 at more than 25% discount. It's all relative. What matters is making the best deal you can on what you want most - which almost always involves ordering.

I live in NH but bought my truck in VT. Paid a $27.00 title fee and that was it. No sales tax as NH does not have sales tax per say but they charge us a ton to register each year so its just a hidden tax.

Archived