brake controler

i bought an aftermarket brake control for my truck to be used when towing my camper, i know some of you have one as well, my question is where did you mount it, the way the "dash" is made i am finding it hard to find a suitable mounting point. Pictures please

Do you have the full bench or buckets in the front? Mine is the full bench and I have a compartment in the center below the T/C and parking sensor switches. In that compartment I installed the gauge for my air lift bags and on the outside part I installed my Prodigy brake controller. It was tough to find a good spot.

mine has buckets I thought about somewhere in the console but that would be a pain in the butt.need it somewhere on the dash that is accessible but not in the way

I would suggest a search as this topic has been discussed previously. I also plan to add a brake controller but am waiting to find a trailer first. I plan to negotiate this as part of the trailer purchase and will seek the advice of those that install controllers on a daily basis.

RP don't know what brand of brake controller you purchased but I have seen the Tekonsha P3 mounted in the slot above the headlight switch to left of steering wheel.

RP don't know what brand of brake controller you purchased but I have seen the Tekonsha P3 mounted in the slot above the headlight switch to left of steering wheel.

that would be great, measured the slot is 3" my controler P3 is 3 1/2 I would like to see a picture to see how they did it

that would be great, measured the slot is 3" my controler P3 is 3 1/2 I would like to see a picture to see how they did it

I may be wrong but the controller does not fit flush will be sticking out somewhat.

When I was truck shopping, one of the trucks I looked had a brake controller stuffed in that little cubby above the headlight switch. It looked terrible! I mounted my Teckonsha where JRL 1164 put his CB. Good spot as it's easy to see and the manual switch is within reach. Not sure where I'd put it if I had the full center console...

i bought an aftermarket brake control for my truck to be used when towing my camper, i know some of you have one as well, my question is where did you mount it, the way the "dash" is made i am finding it hard to find a suitable mounting point. Pictures please

I have a factory one on my 2014 but on my previous truck, 2007 LTZ, I had it wired up with a boat trailer harness and plugged it in only when towing. I just stuck the pig tail up under the dash near the console and pulled it down when I towed. I slipped the controller between the driver's seat and the console. I didn't tow often enough to have to look at it on a daily basis

Archived