2017 Max Trailering Built to Order

Cool thanks for the link, I can buy the OEM ones at wholesale and they get delivered right to my shop for no extra charge :) I got some good news this morning apparently my truck is off the train and waiting for a semi from the VDC about an hour away. Hope they get it to me before the end of the month as the deals are pretty decent right now. Not sure which way they are going to move. I could do the deal now and take my chances but I did that last time around and actually my first payment came in the mail before the truck was delivered which just added insult to injury LOL

Edited by 1kwik72

Cool thanks for the link, I can buy the OEM ones at wholesale and they get delivered right to my shop for no extra charge :) I got some good news this morning apparently my truck is off the train and waiting for a semi from the VDC about an hour away. Hope they get it to me before the end of the month as the deals are pretty decent right now. Not sure which way they are going to move. I could do the deal now and take my chances but I did that last time around and actually my first payment came in the mail before the truck was delivered which just added insult to injury LOL

Great news for you! Post a good pic when it arrives..... Well next month could be better incentives - who knows...... I will be happy if my rig gets here by May.......... Knock on wood....... The Weather-Tech tracking shows I will have the floor liners March 1st anyway....

They should have GPS locators on them during transport. Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg Idaho had to go to GPS locators - just to find inventory parked/stored all over town.

Edited by Krusty

Those tie downs look pretty stout. I had planned on ordering the factory ones, but somehow it was missed on the build sheet. Where did you order those from? My truck BTW is still in transit, has not been seen since it was in Kansas City railyard back on 2/7 was supposed to be here by last Monday but may not even be in MI yet Grrrrrrr.

Those look like they are the factory ones.

4 come standard (in the cab, in a box) with a GMC (but not a chev)

I wanted 8 with mine, the dealer gave me a second box.

They are moveable. So far I've not ever needed more than 4.

I actually use the 4 built in lower ones more often.

Edited by redwngr

Well my excitment for mine being off the train was short lived. Talked to my buddy who is my salesman today and he said what followed would be the strangest conversation he has had to have with a customer. Apparently somewhere along the way from Mexico the train had a partial derailment. Supposedly no train cars tipped over but my truck after finally making it to the VDC is being held for a quality control inspection. I guess GM has already bought back 2 Chevy Trax destin for my dealer that were on the same train. Hoping mine wasn't in one of the train cars that had issues.

Well my excitment for mine being off the train was short lived. Talked to my buddy who is my salesman today and he said what followed would be the strangest conversation he has had to have with a customer. Apparently somewhere along the way from Mexico the train had a partial derailment. Supposedly no train cars tipped over but my truck after finally making it to the VDC is being held for a quality control inspection. I guess GM has already bought back 2 Chevy Trax destin for my dealer that were on the same train. Hoping mine wasn't in one of the train cars that had issues.

Geez - Good thing you have bad luck - or you would not have any. Well if push comes to shove - a better price can be had off the lot - if you can find what you want - that's what I tell myself too.

U know in the back of my mind I am thinking about this winter's weather - we have slides across tracks here all the time. And how smooth will the ocean be if mine comes around by boat.

Checked today and mine is at code 4b00 still - held for transport I guess.....

Fingers crossed your rig remained upright!

Just heard from the dealership today - they are invoiced and ETA is March 10th.

Here's what the GM Inside News Forum says about my dealership news today:

"The dealer gets an invoice with an expected delivery date usually 2 weeks after the invoice date".

Fingers crossed mine might get here in good time overall....

Ordered 1/24

Built by 2/11 even though TPW was 2/13

Delivered?

March 10th would be 45 days.

March 14th would be 7 weeks.

:driving:

Edited by Krusty

Got the 14 all cleaned up today, Ready to give it back. I had to make second to last lease payment on it this weekend would have rather just given it back without doing that. 22,800 miles 2% left on oil life and less than 1/4 tank of fuel left :ughdance: . Salesman called a minute ago so excited to tell me mine actually showed up. Picking it up tomorrow at 1:00pm :driving:

post-125180-0-53350700-1488834966_thumb.jpg

Got the 14 all cleaned up today, Ready to give it back. I had to make second to last lease payment on it this weekend would have rather just given it back without doing that. 22,800 miles 2% left on oil life and less than 1/4 tank of fuel left :ughdance: . Salesman called a minute ago so excited to tell me mine actually showed up. Picking it up tomorrow at 1:00pm :driving:

My :chevy: Heart-Beat about skipped - thought you were posting up the new one! Can't wait to see it - take some good pics and post them..........

:cheers:

changed the oil again today, getting ready for another road trip

6600mi and still loving it

CCSB 6.2L Max Tow combo is the bomb......... :chevy:

~ GMC ~

Edited by Krusty

Crew cab standard bed 6.2 ltz 2 wheel drive max tow... is oh yeah that's rite only 1 of 1 in existence...

Truly - I wonder if most ordered trucks are not one of a kind - but check out the Silver Ice rig - truly is the bomb:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/196274-my-2015-62-max-tow/

:pimp:

Wonder if the GM floor liners cover the back fully under the seats too. That's the style I want - WeatherTech has two rear liner sizes.

:flag:

You may want to look at the Husky liners... My wife got me a set of WeatherTech's for the front, but they don't seem like quality is there. The edges bend inward, the rubber coating is peeling off... I'm really not all that impressed with them.

I got a rear Husky liner, and it covers the entire floor in the rear. (Floor space for rear passenger feet, plus under the seat.) It's heavy, well molded, and stays in place. I'll most likely replace the front mats with Husky as well, as I've read good reviews on them here on the forum.

Link to full rear mat for crew cabs:

https://www.amazon.com/Husky-Liners-Liner-14-217-Silverado/dp/B011LLPB5A

Good luck with whatever you decide to do...

Mark

Edit: looks like I'm late to the party and you already got the WeatherTech. Hope they work out for ya!

Edited by Fasthotrod