Anyone put an aftermarket hood on their Silverado's?

Been looking at this one: https://www.carid.com/2015-chevy-silverado-custom-hoods/rk-sport-custom-hoods-239182953.html- Was wondering if anyone has an opinion (good or bad) on them?

Open to other suggestions too. Not a mod that I'm dying to do but definitely interested in.

There are members who have installed this hood and you may hear some good things. I personally do not like extra scoops and vents as decoration. The manufacturer claims these replacement hoods have some functionality but our trucks with their massive grills are not struggling for air. Paint, wrap, or stripes on the hood make more sense, imo.

If you're going for the style thats one thing. Personally fiberglass anything scares me unless you add additional support to it. I know there was a user on the forums that added that hood (or very similar) to his 15 silverado and linexed everything. Thing looked bad ass. I think it would probably be better with linex as that would make it stronger.

I also worry about the fit/finish. I remember civic and 240sx guys back in the day that bought wide body and bumpers and they never fit right. Perhaps its a quality thing or whatever but it's a memory thats seated in my head and scares me. Last thing you want is a new hood/fender that isn't aligned on a 50k+ truck.

RK sport maxes good products. I remember seeing a Mallet Solstice at Sema one year that had a full kit from them plus a custom hard top they made and it looked amazing. There is a good looking cowl hood out there too that isn't fiberglass, can't remember who makes it.

Edited by Darth_Vader

There are members who have installed this hood and you may hear some good things. I personally do not like extra scoops and vents as decoration. The manufacturer claims these replacement hoods have some functionality but our trucks with their massive grills are not struggling for air. Paint, wrap, or stripes on the hood make more sense, imo.

... Like this? haha, just got this done last week. Tailgate matches too.

• Like 1

If you don't wanna replace the hood and don't care about functionality, Air Design USA makes a kit for Silverados and Sierras that includes a hood "scoop" lol. It's something unique I saw at SEMA last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk58b19894e57ca0a39c20d4c79b2e49ab.jpge89efe32f9afae98336919969c18a613.jpg

Edited by Abearclaw

If you don't wanna replace the hood and don't care about functionality, Air Design USA makes a kit for Silverados and Sierras that includes a hood "scoop" lol. It's something unique I saw at SEMA last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk58b19894e57ca0a39c20d4c79b2e49ab.jpge89efe32f9afae98336919969c18a613.jpg

I don't mind the look of it, but I'd want something functional too. If I'm going to do that, I mine as well put NOS stickers on my truck haha