RZY - Towing Mirror Jumper Harness - Part # 23387133: How To

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to create a "How To" thread on showing the installation of the RZY - Towing Mirror Jumper Harness. This is GM Part # 23387133. In the video, I reference Part # 23387134. Part # 23387134 is the Installation Manual Part # and not the harness part # itself.

This RZY Jumper Harness is needed for all 2014 and some early 2015 Trucks that are looking to upgrade their mirrors to Towing Mirrors. On these year trucks, the circuits in the door connector for the Cargo/Courtesy Lamp, Park/Running Lamps, and Turn Signal Lamps are not present.

Please refer to the Vehicle Acceptability for Retrofit Guide Here to see if you need this harness:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4eldhgg2x8i10q/Camper%20Mirrors%20-%2023371780.pdf?dl=0

I also advise to visually inspect the door connector and confirm you need this harness.

The pins you'll want to be looking for are:

Pin # 9 - Cargo/Courtesy Lamp (Circuit # 1430)
Pin # 11 - Park/Running Lamp (Circuit # 709)
Pin # 41 - Turn Signal Lamp (Circuit # 1314)

0af6583e8b8bb85cd84978ff2904d684.jpg

If ANY of these pins are missing, you'll need the RZY Jumper Harness.

The Installation Instructions can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pz2y2o9kj02g66p/RZY%20Installation%20Instructions.pdf?dl=0

How To Video Here: ENJOY!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Edited by pgamboa
  • Like 5

• 2 months later...

Great write up, helped me better understand upgrading mirrors. But I need some additional help and am going to take you up on your offer to tap into your expertise.

I have a 2014 Siverado LT 1500 Extended Cab 5.3L gas with Max Towing Package

It came with DL8 mirrors: Heated, Power Adjust, and Manual Fold. I wanted to upgrade to DPN mirrors: Manually Folding, Manually Extending, Heated, Turn Signal, Cargo, and Clearance Lamps.

Before ordering mirrors, I checked with GM supplier what harnesses I needed. Based on the VIN, the upgrade would require new door harnesses and the RZY harness, as well as reprogramming BCM. However, I verified at the door connector that the body side connector had all the necessary pins #3, 9, 11 and 41. After completing the installation, the mirrors only had power adjust, heat and signal—marker and puddle lights did not operate. My local Chevy dealer reprogrammed BCM, but the marker and puddle lights still did not operate.

I was told additional wiring was required as written in Doc ID 4209433 (Accessory Wiring Harness Package Installation). I reviewed the very detailed document and checked various connectors at the BEC and under hood. However, since it appears the RZY is not needed I’m not completely sure what portions of the installation instructions would apply. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how to get the terminals out of the blocks once the blue retainers are removed. I'm stuck in the driveway trying to figure it out before dark. Lol.

I don't want to break anuthing. Do you just pull on it until it comes out or is there a tab that need to be depressed with a small screwdriver somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a 2014 1500 high country. I had auto dimming mirrors but switched to used factory tow mirrors and now I dont have the dimming feature. I still have blinker, power fold, some mirror movement and some memory, do I need this part to get auto dim back on?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi I have a 2015 chevy 1500 high country 5.3 I installed a set of akkon tow mirrors and tapped into #10 fuse on passenger side kick panel for the cargo lights I also had to t-tap into the bcm in steering wheel for turn signals in both the brown plug in and the black plug in. I ran a wire thru fire wall to the under hood fuse #29 for the amber running lights on mirror!

Everything on mirrors work power fold all lights and they move like they should!

Problem I have developed after install is the driverside door window master switch works till you start the truck and then it dies no window movement from that switch on any window! 

Rear windows work from there own switch!

I also had the driverside door saying it was open but it wasn't!  I shut truck off and wiggled the driverside doorside harness a little started truck and the door sensor started working again!

Codes shown are u1534 u1538 u153a

Any help would be great thanks!

• 1 year later...