Let's start a 2WD thread

Just bored and thought I'd do a 2WD roll call! I love my 2WD with the G80, never gotten stuck so far and I go off road quite a bit. Who else has a 4x2 and doesn't treat it like a pavement princess?

My first truck was a C10 and I took it mudding a little and never got stuck. I only had it for about a year and a half though But, once I got the next truck ('98 Z71) I'll always have a 4x4. Too me, in all honestly, the only thing a 2wd is good for is to race with or lower. Not to put down 2wd, just I'd rather have 4x4 in case I need it. Once I had my '98 in a hole so deep the water came up to the top of the bumpers and came into the cab which almost reached to the top of the trans hump. I got it out on my own. There's no way a 2wd would have got out without someone pulling it out. I don't care if I only use 4x4 once a year for snow, that's still once where I'm glad I had 4x4.

I had my Iridium Z71 for a year. I live in the Deep South. I had my truck in 4wd once because I sought out the opportunity. Then took it to a car wash.

My Summit White Z60 "high perf" street suspension carries all the crap in the bed I need to carry and the suspension is much more comfortable IMHO. Locking rear dif will get me out of 99.99999% of whatever I throw at it. Like the 6 speed too (I had to throw that in.)

My buddy told me they were going to rescind my man card when I showed up with a 2wd. He drives a F150. So what else do you expect?

And OJ - I did get one with a steering wheel too!

All the crap I did in my "98 Z71 in the 10 years that I had it ('04-'14) the only part of the 4x4 system that I had to fix was the dash switch that had the selectors, the actual mechanical parts never gave me an issue. I do find it ironic that you say you like a 2wd because it's less parts to break, yet you have a '17 where everything is somehow electronically controlled and all of the features. If you want something with less to break then get something that's pre computers. I loved my '14 LT, but I'm glad I had to get rid of it before any of the electronics or wiring went bad.

I like my 2wd. Traded in a 4x4 Jeep for it. I haven't done much off-road with it yet besides small stuff that most people would scoff at but will be taking it out in the middle of nowhere for hunting this year. I put A/T tires on it and it has a g80 so I should be ok. I did have to use 4x4 on my Jeep once at my usual hunting spot due to the morning frost melting in the field where I park and it had recently been tilled but the Jeep had highway tires on it so hopefully my A/Ts will make up the difference when I go out this year. If not one of the people I go with has a 2500 with 4x4 so I'm not too worried about getting stuck haha. Even if he wasn't going to be there I wouldn't let it stop me from taking my truck out.

As a side note this wasn't started to be a 4x4 bashing thread from what I can tell so I don't get why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch.

So, I live in Central Washington and even with our long winters and mountain driving you seldom need 4X4. When I ordered my truck I could get a SLE with 4X4 that I would that I would need every year or two, or for the same price a 4X2 6.2 NHT rocket that I could enjoy every time I stick the key in the ignition! Seems like a no brainer!

The only down side is if you order a 6.2 4X2 in snow country you have to sign your life away!

Mike

I love my 2wd Silverado regular cab with the G80. I live in California so 4x4 isn't really needed unless you go off road. I guess I could of bought a 4x4 but why spend the extra cash if I would probably never use it. I would rather not take my truck off roading mainly because it's my first ever vehicle and I'm paying a pretty penny so I would like it to last.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

A 4x4 may help with snow, but not with a snowflake.

A 4x4 is like concealed carry......you have it, no one sees it, and chances are you may not have to use it, but that once you may need it, it can be the difference that saves the life of you or yours. I also have the trailer brake controller, adjustable pedals, grade descent control, etc even though I have yet to use them, but that once that you may need them.......

Even boy scouts know "Be prepared"

I like my 2wd. Traded in a 4x4 Jeep for it. I haven't done much off-road with it yet besides small stuff that most people would scoff at but will be taking it out in the middle of nowhere for hunting this year. I put A/T tires on it and it has a g80 so I should be ok. I did have to use 4x4 on my Jeep once at my usual hunting spot due to the morning frost melting in the field where I park and it had recently been tilled but the Jeep had highway tires on it so hopefully my A/Ts will make up the difference when I go out this year. If not one of the people I go with has a 2500 with 4x4 so I'm not too worried about getting stuck haha. Even if he wasn't going to be there I wouldn't let it stop me from taking my truck out.

As a side note this wasn't started to be a 4x4 bashing thread from what I can tell so I don't get why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch.

Take all of the posters who have their "panties in a bunch" out of the mix, and you would not have enough to keep the website going. Another good name for a band, Panties in a Bunch opening for Metallica.

A 4x4 is like concealed carry......you have it, no one sees it, and chances are you may not have to use it, but that once you may need it, it can be the difference that saves the life of you or yours. I also have the trailer brake controller, adjustable pedals, grade descent control, etc even though I have yet to use them, but that once that you may need them.......

How can 4wd save your life? I guess if you pull out in front of a semi truck if can help accelerate faster in snow but maybe they shouldn't have pulled out in front of the semi to begin with?

Thing is 4wd is an image thing for many purchasers (hence all the defense by some people) so they make sure people see they have 4wd by announcing it or stickers/emblems so as one forum poster put it "to get the point across". 4wd is an utterly useless feature for probably 70% of the 4wd owners on here by just costing them more money over time to do what they think is impressing others with their masculinity. Always fun reading these 4wd vs 2wd threads.

Tyler

How can 4wd save your life? I guess if you pull out in front of a semi truck if can help accelerate faster in snow but maybe they shouldn't have pulled out in front of the semi to begin with?

Thing is 4wd is an image thing for many purchasers (hence all the defense by some people) so they make sure people see they have 4wd by announcing it or stickers/emblems so as one forum poster put it "to get the point across". 4wd is an utterly useless feature for probably 70% of the 4wd owners on here by just costing them more money over time to do what they think is impressing others with their masculinity. Always fun reading these 4wd vs 2wd threads.

Tyler

I bought a 4x4 because I wanted one truck that could do it all, as I may be getting rid of my other offroad toys. But man, I would really love a 2wd regular cab to lower and make a sport truck out of. Those things look awesome lowered a bit. I may just have to get a 00-07 just to do that with, I do have that spare 5.3 laying around to build.

Archived