rough idle at stop

Is it normal to have a 'very' rough idle at a stop (in drive foot on brake), its much worse with the A/C on....If I shift into park it smoothens out.

2016 Sierra Crew All Terrain 5.3l

thanks.

Jim

Thanks for the replies.

Yes I have been to the dealer once on the issue they said could not duplicate but it is doing it increasingly now so shouldn't be an issue the second time in but have a feeling they may say it's normal so building up some info and ammo for the second time in to the dealer.

Thanks.

jim

my 2016 had something similar, wasn't too rough but wasn't normal, it happened after i installed the airaid mit. i cleaned my MAF, and tightened up a couple loose clamps and it went away.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Did anyone figure out the problem, I have a 2017 Silverado 64000 miles it also has a shake/vibration hesitation when I’m on a red light or stopped on while having gear on D  , no problem when I change gear to P or N or reverse . P/N/R gears Rpm is steady on the 500’s once I change to gear D rpm drops under 500 . I took it to dealer they said they drove it and couldn't duplicate it so frustrating . 

Have you guys checked your spark plug wires to make sure they are on there? Use dielectric grease while you pull them out.

Back driver one was almost unplugged on mine before, i thinks its sort of common for them to get loose. 

Anytime there is a rough idle, its good practice to check the plugs and wires.