Any regrets of trading in your 2014 for a 2017

Dub1796

I also traded my 2014 Silverado LT in for a 2017 LTZ 4x4. Iam happy with all the upgrades and also was able to reuse my tonneau cover, side steps and under rear seat storage Ben. I agree that every year of a current model just gets better as the model progresses. Plus the 19 model will have bugs to work out AND they will just make changes in two years making the 19 an old version of the newest style truck making you want to change again. Plus you won't get the deep discounts that you can on the 17. I had a loaner 18 model LT without the bells and whistles the LTZ has and the price was nearly identical to mine. My decision was based on my 14 was about to go over 100k. I hope to keep my 17 for a good while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do it! After all the crap with afm, what do you think afm plus stop start tech is gonna be like? Each gen is getting lighter and less durable. They will cost more, and wont be 13k off for years. You can get a new one in 3 years when they fix the new issues. BTW, I too see a vehicle as a monthly transportation fee. Once you pay one off, it starts needing repairs so you might as well have a fixed, budgetable payment...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Welcome to this forum! I once considered freshening up my current '15 SLE to a '17 SLE. With the exception of the new car smell and feel, I found very little improvement. There was nothing in appearance or performance that would justify the expense. What are some of the advantages you have found with your new LT?

Thank you! If I had a '15 I would not be updating either. Advantages? To me, My '14 just came out of warranty and I needed brakes soon and new tires too. I kind of like a new one every 4 years now. The new one has more functionality with my iPhone. I can use google maps on the display if I want. I like the power locking tailgate too. Incremental improvements for sure but along with that my monthly payment is significantly lower than it was and my interest rate is better.

I did not hear the newest truck will have Start stop, I drove a family members ford with the start stop, I hated it. I thought it was breaking down every time I stoped. Plus I'll bet the new truck will be aluminum on some body panels, I hope the new truck doesn't appeal to me I'll be disappointed. I bought an 06 z71 then they cam out with the new body in 07 and I hated it. Bought a 13 and still hated it, traded it for the 14. Don't want to go through that mess again. I hope the 19 looks like the Suburban (headlights) then I won't feel regrets. I do like the current generation trucks if they are done right, I think they will hold their appeal even with the new body coming out.

This would be new. What is the reason for the schedule change that you are hearing? This would be a huge blow to GM to not meet the current schedule.

I may be incorrect and probably am, but wouldn't think they would introduce the 19 at the beginning of the 18 calendar year. I probably am incorrect, I bought my 14 in October of 13.

I also traded my 2014 Silverado LT in for a 2017 LTZ 4x4. Iam happy with all the upgrades and also was able to reuse my tonneau cover, side steps and under rear seat storage Ben. I agree that every year of a current model just gets better as the model progresses. Plus the 19 model will have bugs to work out AND they will just make changes in two years making the 19 an old version of the newest style truck making you want to change again. Plus you won't get the deep discounts that you can on the 17. I had a loaner 18 model LT without the bells and whistles the LTZ has and the price was nearly identical to mine. My decision was based on my 14 was about to go over 100k. I hope to keep my 17 for a good while.

MY 14 was not the one I initially wanted. i went in for a white all terrain with sunroof, left with a black all terrain and no sunroof lol. I Only purchased it bc of the heavy discount my brother got me.

The fact that this truck is a white all terrain with sunroof, the odometer is getting close to the 80k mileage mark and some regular maintenance stuff are some of the reasons why I'm leaning towards a new truck.

My thoughts are that i will always keep my vehicles for a long time, i know my wife hopes so lol, but it never seems to happen. maybe with this one if I buy it. thanks

MY 14 was not the one I initially wanted. i went in for a white all terrain with sunroof, left with a black all terrain and no sunroof lol. I Only purchased it bc of the heavy discount my brother got me.

The fact that this truck is a white all terrain with sunroof, the odometer is getting close to the 80k mileage mark and some regular maintenance stuff are some of the reasons why I'm leaning towards a new truck.

My thoughts are that i will always keep my vehicles for a long time, i know my wife hopes so lol, but it never seems to happen. maybe with this one if I buy it. thanks

Thats a story I can relate to, I bought my 14 in black after having a 13 which was white, my 17 is again white.

I may be incorrect and probably am, but wouldn't think they would introduce the 19 at the beginning of the 18 calendar year. I probably am incorrect, I bought my 14 in October of 13.

Your 2014 followed the typical GM truck release schedule. Introduced in December 2012, limited production in March 2013 as a 2014 model and full 2014 production ramp up in April 2013.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/148168-official-2014-silverado-reveal-dec-13/?hl=silverado+reveal

I love my 2014, no more issues than what some have reported with their 2017s. If i do get rid of my truck, it wont be for a 2018. I can't see taking a bath in resale just to get Apple Play, remote tailgate, wireless charging. Frankly, it is much cheaper to buy new tries, replace all the fluids and brakes than taking the loss on trade in on a 4 year old truck.

I just traded my 14 high country for a 17 high country, pretty much same optioned truck with the addition of a moon roof. I needed to trade before 100k miles or I was keeping it until 140K. With the closeout discounts I traded for a reasonable price, with tax, license, lift/level and larger nitto tires I traded for about .26 per mile.

I dont see any major differences between 2018 and 2017.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gmc/sierra/2018-gmc-sierra/2018-gmc-sierra-changes-updates-new-features/2018-gmc-sierra-1500-changes-updates-new-features/

So save the money and get a 2017.

I agree the 8 speed is weird but ignore it, truck is amazing.

Thats a story I can relate to, I bought my 14 in black after having a 13 which was white, my 17 is again white.

Me too, I had a 13 that was pearl white, bought a 15 that was Irridium, and my 17 is pearl white

Archived