2008 Silverado 1500 4x4 electrical issue

Has anyone had any issues with their 08 silverado 1500 shorting out? I don't know if its a short, ground issue or a bad body control module. My issue only happens when I am driving over 60mph. Intermittently when hitting the blinkers or the brakes the electrical system freaks out. Gauges start going crazy, radio goes out, door locks lock and unlock over and over, airbag light comes on, abs light. Seems to be happening more and more frequently. The other day it through it into 4 low and totally died on me. Took positive lead off battery put back on fired up with no problems. I just don't want to spend money on one thing and it not being that then another and another. Wondering if anyone knows what this could be. I have no aftermarket electronics. I recorded it happening and put it on YouTube. Here is the video link

• 11 months later...

I sorted out the issue a while back. I haven’t been on this forum in a while though. If anyone else experiences this problem I finally figured it out thanks to the dealership. This was one of those weird ones so I just took it in. Surprisingly it was the battery leads causing this. They weren’t sure what it was but their best guess was the leads so I said go ahead and replace them. Its worth a shot. Sure enough it solved my problems. The bad leads weren’t corroded and didn’t appear to be damaged in anyway. Crazy. But hopefully this helps someone else out in the future 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silveradodon said:

I sorted out the issue a while back. I haven’t been on this forum in a while though. If anyone else experiences this problem I finally figured it out thanks to the dealership. This was one of those weird ones so I just took it in. Surprisingly it was the battery leads causing this. They weren’t sure what it was but their best guess was the leads so I said go ahead and replace them. Its worth a shot. Sure enough it solved my problems. The bad leads weren’t corroded and didn’t appear to be damaged in anyway. Crazy. But hopefully this helps someone else out in the future 

Do you mean just the connectors or did they replace the cables?  The cables can corrode internally further down the line and cause the problems you experienced.  Glad you got it worked out and are safe again.