How much off a 2500 HD?

Hey Guys, I am about to move up to a 2500 HD diesel, and I have no idea what a reasonable amount of $$ off sticker is.  I know 1500's can be had for 20% off sticker ( sometimes more, sometimes less ), but i have heard that 2500's and diesels are not as heavily discounted.

I consider myself a very good buyer ( i know when to buy, how to haggle and all that ), but i just cant find much on what sort of discount i should be shooting for with these trucks.

I''m looking at crew cab LTZ trims and the stickers i am seeing are around the $65k range.

Thanks for any input.

I could be tough with the model your looking for. I would go to The largest dealer I could fine. Back in the day I had my best deals on leftovers packages like the stagecoach. You may find better left over deals on one tons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a 2016 2500HD CC SB 4WD LTZ 6.6 LML in August of '16.  The LP5's weren't shipping yet but it was getting close.  I got $10k off of sticker.  Paid $56k and change for a truck that stickerd at $66,690.  Traded it 11 months later.  They gave me $54k for it.  Not too shabby.  I don't think you are going to find a deal like that this time around.

I don't see many incentives from the factory for the HD trucks and usually dealers aren't willing to come down more than a few thousand. With that being said though, there seems to be bigger discounts on higher end the trucks (LTZ, HC) where the markup is higher for those trim levels.

You can always get $10-14k off sticker for a Turd F-150 though. 

This past July, i purchased a 2017 Z71 2500HD LT with the 6.0 from a deal in Knoxville, TN.  Sticker was 54K, and i got it for 42K.  That was almost 3K cheaper than i could purchase it for using my GM employee discount.  I was happy with my purchase.

go online and start looking. bought a 17 hd gas. sticker was 50000 and ended up paying less than 40000 with the sales tax which was 2600. ( what a rippoff in wi) but had to drive 150 miles to a dealer that wasn't anygood. but I got a pretty good deal. found many trucks online. was dealing on a 16 leftover and found this 17 cheaper. bad thing is when you buy online you don't get to try out the truck before you make the deal. my truck came with running boards that were way too high. dealer said they were adjustable( that's how much they knew)  but I made them take them back and refunded 500. 

56 minutes ago, Big Whiskey said:

Same here. Bought my 2016 model in January of 2017. 

i got my '16 2 months after the build date. I was very happy with the price

Edit: build date is April '16

I and others have typically gotten $9 -$10K off the sticker when buying 2500's or 3500's.  Depends on the dealer.  Pit dealers against each other.  Just because one dealer has the exact truck you want, you are not stuck with getting it thru them.  Any dealer can have any truck brought to them from another dealer.  I have done this several times over the years.  I find what I want by doing some searching online and then start the dealer haggling.  A lot also has to do with the market for certain trucks in your area, like what body trim and packages folks tend to prefer and are willing to pay top dollar for.  And how many trucks are available around you.  Even the state you are in has some bearing on what kind of deal.  Folks that study such things have shown that certain states have a preference for GM products and they get the best deals on them.  Mine happens to be one of them.  We are swimming in GM trucks and it is a smorgasbord of choices that allows some fantastic deals to be had.

And maybe what you can't get in reduction in price, you might make up for in add ons.   I got $9K off my 2500 and still was able to have them throw in a Line-X bedliner job and some other little goodies to sweeten the deal.  Sure, mine isn't a Dmax, but those that live around me that did get Dmax's experience similar deals.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2017 at 8:13 PM, noupf said:

Hey Guys, I am about to move up to a 2500 HD diesel, and I have no idea what a reasonable amount of $$ off sticker is.  I know 1500's can be had for 20% off sticker ( sometimes more, sometimes less ), but i have heard that 2500's and diesels are not as heavily discounted.

I consider myself a very good buyer ( i know when to buy, how to haggle and all that ), but i just cant find much on what sort of discount i should be shooting for with these trucks.

I''m looking at crew cab LTZ trims and the stickers i am seeing are around the $65k range.

Thanks for any input.

Fly in - drive home 

The below dealers are known to have lowest advertised prices in the US. The price may include trade in assistance etc. read fine print. Other forum members have purchased from either dealer and have OK to good reviews. Below are GMC but I’m sure someone can add a Chevrolet dealer. 

St Louis, Illinois 

http://www.laurabuickgmc.com/VehicleSearchResults?referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.laurabuickgmc.com%2F%3Freferrer&priceRange_min=0&priceRange_max=84983&mileageRange_min=0&mileageRange_max=400000&displacement=6.6&offset=0&year=2018%2C2017&sort=featuredPrice|asc

Bosie, Idaho 

http://www.dennisdillongmc.com/VehicleSearchResults?category=new&search=new&priceRange_min=0&priceRange_max=84983&mileageRange_min=0&mileageRange_max=190000&displacement=6.6&offset=0&sort=price|asc

Archived