Engine cutting out, now not starting

First off let me start with how much I love this reliable old truck. We WERE at 4 years and 40,000 miles trouble free. Driving this morning at highway speeds. Felt a buck, wasn’t sure if it was transmission related or what. Then a mile later it starts bucking repeatedly. Followed by a loss of power, very slowly slowed down to 2-3 mph where it finally shut off. As it did this the low battery light flashed and the dash lights when dim. I shut the ignition off, waited a couple minutes and started it again. It cranked without hesitation and fired ran for a couple seconds, I tried giving some throttle and it cut out and shut down. I’m thinking fuel filter/pump, but the low battery light flash and dimming lights make me wonder if it’s something electrical. Any one experience this, any insight? Thanks in advance! 

So I checked voltage from gray to black at the plug (hot to ground) got 11.8 while in prime, and 10.9 while cranking. I️ can hear the pump run. I️ disconnected my fuel filter and put the inlet line in a bucket and even with hearing the pump buzz I️m getting no fuel. Time to drop the tank. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived