Your favorite tires????

steve76t

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another vote for the Falken AT3W. I've had them on my Sierra for about 5,000 miles now. Went with 275/60R20 (33"). Low road noise, good handling, and not that expensive. Discount Tire Direct had them for $163.19 each with no tax and free shipping. Came out to about $130 each after rebates.

tire_1.jpg

tire_2.jpg

tire_3.jpg

tire_4.jpg

tire_5.jpg

Started using BFG AllTerrains back in late 70's to include on 80-Toy 4x4, 96 Tahoe and now KO2's on my 2016 RCSB...

The stock Goodyear 275/55/20 SRA's were basically crap.

Day before new KO2's installed, picked-up a free 2" lag bolt in right front SRA, lucky it still had its' captive washer to help keep air in tire..

So far with 800 miles on these 285/55/20's ride is decent and lower road Whine / Noise than the older AllTerrains...

Even handles much better..

Cheers---K

TRK1.jpg

13 hours ago, steve76t said:

Think I have my list narrowed down to either the Toyo AT II or BFG KO2.  Both aren't cheap, but sometimes you get what you pay for. The Toyo is probably leading right now because actually height is a little taller than the BFG by about 1/2".  However, the BFG is a D rated tire instead of an E and supposed to have a slightly softer ride with lighter weight.  The other issue is that I prefer to use Discount Tire & they don't typically carry the Toyo tires.  May have to be a special order item with them. 

Ran both these tires year round in Canada. They both did good in winter. I now have KO2's but truth be told it was the white lettering that made me go with them over the Toyo. My Ko2's are getting high in mileage so I now run a set of studded winter tires in the winter now.

Another vote for the Falken AT3W. I've had them on my Sierra for about 5,000 miles now. Went with 275/60R20 (33"). Low road noise, good handling, and not that expensive. Discount Tire Direct had them for $163.19 each with no tax and free shipping. Came out to about $130 each after rebates.

tire_1.thumb.jpg.4d9117aaea44d270743215d7fa101576.jpg
tire_2.thumb.jpg.a9743e4a84332f7d355014bdb39dd67c.jpg
tire_3.thumb.jpg.3ab3c34e63e2c344835a906f4531f4a6.jpg
tire_4.thumb.jpg.73b0c711434cd5b682b15bbdabbf71d1.jpg
tire_5.thumb.jpg.97e829920482842600378e62c6073e20.jpg

Any rubbing with the factory splash guards and the 275/60r20's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had two sets of Duratrac delegated strictly for winter duty.  They kicked a$$.  Summer duty I've had various.  Firestone TransForce AT, Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HT (came on my Colorado).  Both of those are good tires. 

46 minutes ago, Sparkylu16 said:

Any rubbing with the factory splash guards and the 275/60r20's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks up front set to the 2nd highest level (about 1.4" of lift). I get a little bit of rubbing when backing up with the wheels turned. I think its rubbing on the edge of the inner fender liner. Nothing major so I'm not too concerned about it. 

I just put Hankook Dynapro AT/M's on my truck and the difference is like night and day for grip compared to the Goodyear Wrangler SRA's it came with.    Plus they look slightly more agressive, not alot like the BFG's but slightly.  Hated the SRA's.

Craig

On 12/13/2017 at 8:21 AM, amxguy1970 said:

Haha, this! So many trade offs with a 20...

OP, also check out the General Grabber AT2, that is what I have on my truck. Much cheaper than the BFG with a similar look (and none of the hydro-planning issues the BFG's can sometimes have) and deeper tread with a great warranty (in P rating).

Cooper AT3 were my second choice and probably what I will go with next time.

Tyler

FWIW...live in CO and deal with a fair amount of snow. Last vehicle was an LR3 with Grabbers and frankly it was awesome in the snow.   I’ve got the duratracks on my 17 Silverado and it seems to need me to use 4wd to deal with some situfations that really seem pretty minor. 

Thanks for everyone's input.  Did a lot of research and all the input from everyone here helped. I just ordered my tires & have an appointment to have them installed next week.  Even though they are one of the more expensive options out there I've decided to go with the BFG KO2s.  Cold winter weather performance, durable sidewall construction, fairly quite ride, overall weight of tire,  many positive online reviews and recommendations from friends all played a factor in the decision.  Once I have 'em installed I'll get some pics posted up.     

First I need my leveling kit which should be here later this week.  I'll be installing that this weekend & have the alignment done before the new tires arrive.  

Archived