Which Level Kit?

I'll first start by saying I have read countless posts on the topic of level kits. If this has been discussed already please feel free to point me to the topic. . I know they all do the same thing but of all the front end level kits out there what are some of the differences among them?  More specifically how do you know which to get or stay away from?  For example there's some that are circular while others are move of a C shape, some $40 and others $200, etc..   

I just need something that will last and will raise the front end 1.5 - 2 inches.  But finding vast variety of brands, types and price points, and honestly getting overwhelming for something that should be simple.  But this is coming from the same person who took 8 months to find the perfect truck too.  Perhaps I'm a little indecisive, but that's a topic for a different forum..  

Here you go. If you want a quality get get a 2in Summit performance kit. It's made T6 Billet aluminum CNC machined and hard coated black.

it is the kit I put on several times a week. It is Quality. 

2.0 Leveling Kit $23 - http://amzn.to/2EvUQFV

Here is a video with the install. Literally takes about 45 minutes to do. (I made the video so PLEASE subscribe and give me the old thumbs up! =-) )

Hope this helps!

I installed the Moto Fab 2.5 coil spacers in front only leveled my truck no need for rear blocks, a little more work than the other kit, but, worth it.https://www.amazon.com/MotoFab-Lifts-CH-2-5-Leveling-Pickup/dp/B00I5056M4/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1517574999&sr=1-6&keywords=leveling+kit+for+silverado+1500

I just installed the BDS 2" level kit in my 18' Silverado.
Must say, it makes the truck perfectly level now. And was relatively an easy job. Only thing was you have to remove top strut plate from strut, so a spring compressor is needed.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Carnau, that is a great video, very well done thanks for posting!  Seems pretty straight forward, are there any torque specs to be concerned about when putting back together.  Now I just need to decide between 1.5 or 2 inches. I don't think I want perfectly level front to back so may go with 1.5.  

Bought my truck used (15 CCSB) and it already had the Rough Country 2" spacer leveling kit installed up front. Nothing is done to the rear. Last I looked the Rough Country was around $50. I checked about a month or so ago and I was at 38 3/4" front and 39" in the rear, from ground to fender. 

10 hours ago, reardiff said:

Carnau, that is a great video, very well done thanks for posting!  Seems pretty straight forward, are there any torque specs to be concerned about when putting back together.  Now I just need to decide between 1.5 or 2 inches. I don't think I want perfectly level front to back so may go with 1.5.  

I believe the 1.5 will give you a leveled, higher  look while maintaining enough rake for handling common loads.  As you have discovered the kits are not expensive but the install and alignment are a considerable expense of time and labor.  I am in no rush and will get mine installed in conjunction with other work such as new wheels and/or tires.  Every so often I have second thoughts or hear a negative comment about these spacers.  There must be some some suspension travel loss but I can't figure out how.  There is a pamphlet by Bilstein explaining the impact of the various methods of leveling but I question the objectivity.  I assume that if there is some loss then a 1.5" may be potentially less problematic than 2" or larger!

6 hours ago, Donstar said:

I believe the 1.5 will give you a leveled, higher  look while maintaining enough rake for handling common loads.  As you have discovered the kits are not expensive but the install and alignment are a considerable expense of time and labor.  I am in no rush and will get mine installed in conjunction with other work such as new wheels and/or tires.  Every so often I have second thoughts or hear a negative comment about these spacers.  There must be some some suspension travel loss but I can't figure out how.  There is a pamphlet by Bilstein explaining the impact of the various methods of leveling but I question the objectivity.  I assume that if there is some loss then a 1.5" may be potentially less problematic than 2" or larger!

You still have the same amount suspension travel with a leveling kit but when you lift up on the suspension as with a  2" spacer, you increase the amount that the suspension can move up or compress by that amount but it decreases downward movement by 2". So when you go flying over whoop-de-doos or speed bumps and the wheels drop, the suspension can reach its lower limit and that's what hurts your ball joints.

I went with a 1.5” summit performance top mount spacer.  I like the results. 

I chose it because a guy a work has what looks to be a 2” possibly 2.5” lower mount spacer and he rubbed his inner wheel on the uca. I also am hoping for longer life out of the ball joints with the smaller option. We both have factory 20’s. 

A 1.5” lower mount probably wouldn’t have rubbed. Plus the install would have been quicker. 

Something else to consider. I bought a lifetime alignment from Firestone since I plan on keeping my truck for several years. 

Archived