2017 Sierra Denali rear window EXPLODED!!!

53 minutes ago, Aaron Ch said:

Sounds like an awesome dealership lol. GM told me to bring mine to a dealership first. We should all somehow get a case or something going in case the dealers or GM say “sorry we can’t duplicate the issue”.  Please let me know what GM says and I’ll do the same with you. I need to schedule an appointment next week. Any idea why your dealership said they wouldn’t touch it?

Out of warranty unfortunately.  This sounds like more of a recall than anything though so hopefully we can get something sorted out with GM. 

14 minutes ago, ZG86 said:

Out of warranty unfortunately.  This sounds like more of a recall than anything though so hopefully we can get something sorted out with GM. 

Ah well hope they are able to do something for you. Yeah, this sounds more like a recall issue than a warranty fix. I’ll let you know what I find out on my end after I take it in. 

My dealership in Roseville MN tried to say they could see where there was a "point of impact" that they say probly started as a small chip and the crack it caused in the heat grid caused a short that caused the smoke i saw and later the whole window to shatter. The window was intact but shattered so they where looking at the spot everything spidered out from wich is also where the black square is inside the window. But  there was no chip u can tell in the video of smoke i took. They just didnt want to deal with it and sent me to a glass shop bcause they know full cover insurance would pay for it! So i asked the glass shop and they agree its BS. I called GM but because it was already replaced they said they cant reimburse me. My glass shop suggested i report it to the National department of transportation safety. If enough people report it they might investigate and force GM to do something about it!

I will just say the internal talk at GM on this issue has been more than interesting. And it's a coin flip who it goes to next gm or lawyers. Let's hope gm cus with lawyer we all just get a $50 check or the box pulled so rear window don't work.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

I will just say the internal talk at GM on this issue has been more than interesting. And it's a coin flip who it goes to next gm or lawyers. Let's hope gm cus with lawyer we all just get a $50 check or the box pulled so rear window don't work.

So GM is aware of the issue? Do you work for GM?

So GM is aware of the issue? Do you work for GM?
Something like that. Cant say exactly. All service approvals are seen by gm when it is flagged due to cost or amount of cars or mileage it goes up the chain. They forward it to legal that advises based on many factors how to move forward from there. There is a fine line on this the cost multiplied by the number of trucks and also if they accept responsibility and issue a recall or even a service bulletin the legality changes. Well before all that they put engineers on it to know the problem and the fix. And he is doing what he can as fast as reasonably possible. But he report to people within and that is tight lipped again legality.
If people have issues it is best to contact the local service rep and Express in email your frustration nicely and request a service approval. This is called a cheap sweep under rug, vs going to dealer and they say oh shit let's not deal with it even thought it isn't our call and gm would probably cover it. But then the dealer writes a service claim invoice saying whatever is the reason to deny warranty and now gm backs the field tech as they didn't see it and has a working relationship with dealer. And your screwed. Now you burned bridges and want gm to trump that call and fix yours or cover you 3rd party out of pocket cost. Good luck.
Please note I am NOT trying to be rude at all just point in fact.

1 hour ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Something like that. Cant say exactly. All service approvals are seen by gm when it is flagged due to cost or amount of cars or mileage it goes up the chain. They forward it to legal that advises based on many factors how to move forward from there. There is a fine line on this the cost multiplied by the number of trucks and also if they accept responsibility and issue a recall or even a service bulletin the legality changes. Well before all that they put engineers on it to know the problem and the fix. And he is doing what he can as fast as reasonably possible. But he report to people within and that is tight lipped again legality.
If people have issues it is best to contact the local service rep and Express in email your frustration nicely and request a service approval. This is called a cheap sweep under rug, vs going to dealer and they say oh shit let's not deal with it even thought it isn't our call and gm would probably cover it. But then the dealer writes a service claim invoice saying whatever is the reason to deny warranty and now gm backs the field tech as they didn't see it and has a working relationship with dealer. And your screwed. Now you burned bridges and want gm to trump that call and fix yours or cover you 3rd party out of pocket cost. Good luck.
Please note I am NOT trying to be rude at all just point in fact.

You’re definitely not coming off as rude! And, I definitely appreciate your insight. I interned at a GM plant before but I never had the same exposure as you describe.  What you described makes a lot of sense.

I have yet to schedule an appointment with the dealer so based on what you’re saying, I’d rather contact a local service rep. When you say ‘local service rep’, I think that is the local GM dealership.  How can I figure out who is my local service rep?

I sent an email to [email protected] and they asked for my information in order to open a Service Request. Would this be the same as doing to my “local service rep“?  I still haven’t sent them any information. 

Again, I really appreciate your time and feedback. Thank you. 

No there is a rep that is a GM employee that goes to dealerships and addresses customers concerns,issues, and service. The dealer is a person that makes money selling a brand or car/truck. they call the rep to get a approval to service vehicle so they know they are getting paid for work/part. Dealer cares about themselves first then there relationship with the manufacture they sell , hate to lose that contract as the dealer would close or switch. 

Anyways I would open a claim with rep and talk to him. He can pre approve the work and even ask what dealer you like to deal with you set appointment and really no questions asked as every word is pre typed up. Also can approve free loaner ect....

Worst case say as little as possible to dealer. as they do the same, they just type your words down and take keys call later and give you the news.  

I will say it is the goal of the rep to keep customer happy and dealer, and dealer just wants to be paid. I have seen reps give amazing things to customers to make them happy. Another buddy was head ford service complaint rep. 

You got me worried my will break. I will have to ask what the fix is and get part. 

My guess is and the facts prove it they are in research and damage control right now. And allowing the dealers to dismiss some people issues and claims. If it gets to be a huge issue the gov will make them recall and if not better for them. Class action is even not what most people think. Doesn't fix the issue it means if you are lucky you get $5. Remember they are still working on airbag claims from 2007 silverados longer they wait, trucks sell,crash, and get scraped. That is a ton of unpaid claims. 

I will bet my right nut there is already a solution for this. Question now is what and are people going to get it. 

23 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

No there is a rep that is a GM employee that goes to dealerships and addresses customers concerns,issues, and service. The dealer is a person that makes money selling a brand or car/truck. they call the rep to get a approval to service vehicle so they know they are getting paid for work/part. Dealer cares about themselves first then there relationship with the manufacture they sell , hate to lose that contract as the dealer would close or switch. 

Anyways I would open a claim with rep and talk to him. He can pre approve the work and even ask what dealer you like to deal with you set appointment and really no questions asked as every word is pre typed up. Also can approve free loaner ect....

Worst case say as little as possible to dealer. as they do the same, they just type your words down and take keys call later and give you the news.  

I will say it is the goal of the rep to keep customer happy and dealer, and dealer just wants to be paid. I have seen reps give amazing things to customers to make them happy. Another buddy was head ford service complaint rep. 

You got me worried my will break. I will have to ask what the fix is and get part. 

My guess is and the facts prove it they are in research and damage control right now. And allowing the dealers to dismiss some people issues and claims. If it gets to be a huge issue the gov will make them recall and if not better for them. Class action is even not what most people think. Doesn't fix the issue it means if you are lucky you get $5. Remember they are still working on airbag claims from 2007 silverados longer they wait, trucks sell,crash, and get scraped. That is a ton of unpaid claims. 

I will bet my right nut there is already a solution for this. Question now is what and are people going to get it. 

How do I find out who is the local rep and how do I get in touch with him/her? Cant find anything on a google search. 

Good question. The dealer can give it but that is tipping your hand. I would call gm maybe? I have spoken to mine only once and he just said he already knew, I'm covered, what dealer would I like to go to. As he got the email from GM that I'm covered. 

Maybe see if a different dealer can give you that info? I know they would. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Well the wix filter aren't recommended at all on this trucks. But the aluminum block and the oil filter rubber in this cold can cause a leak.

Not sure what an oil filter has to do with an exploding rear window?

May be just the wrong thread.