2016 GMC 2500 HD headlights in 2015 GMC Denali 1500

So before people tell me this has already been discussed I realize that and read through all 5 pages about it already and the question was never really answered.... My specific situation and question is I have a 2015 GMC Denali 1500 that I put some LED bulbs in last summer and love how much better it looks then the halogen bulbs! Unfortunately a bulb in the passenger side must have been defective and burnt out after only 4 months so the company sent me a new bulb which I replaced in December...unfortunately I live in Fargo and it happened to be -15 that day and guessing it didn't seal properly and I ended up with moisture inside the lens; it finally warmed up enough this spring that I dried out the headlight and resealed it properly this time however I'm still getting moisture in the headlight so guessing I'm just gonna have to buy a new one which I'm not real happy about... Well my buddy has a 2016 GMC Denali 2500 HD and he said he would sell me both headlights since he put aftermarket ones in his for the price it would cost me to buy one. They look exactly the same but after reading other posts it seemed there was questions whether the wiring was compatible; that thread was a few years old so curious if there has been a fix or adapter that's now available that will make them work? I have both part numbers if that helps...my headlights are part #84144047 and his headlights are part #84012632. I'm pretty novice with all this so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

I did this swap a couple of years ago.  The headlights fit fine and will plug in, but you need a harness for them to work correctly.  I got a conversion harness from  http://www.gen5diy.com/   .  Basically all it does is change the power supply to directly wire to your battery (only one connection to make).  The stock lights are PWM powered I believe which doesn't work well with HID.

It's a good way to get HID with factory reliability especially if you have a good deal on the lights themselves.  A couple companies now make brighter bulbs you can always upgrade to if you feel the need.

I did this swap a couple of years ago.  The headlights fit fine and will plug in, but you need a harness for them to work correctly.  I got a conversion harness from  http://www.gen5diy.com/   .  Basically all it does is change the power supply to directly wire to your battery (only one connection to make).  The stock lights are PWM powered I believe which doesn't work well with HID.

It's a good way to get HID with factory reliability especially if you have a good deal on the lights themselves.  A couple companies now make brighter bulbs you can always upgrade to if you feel the need.

Would they work in my 2004 Z71 Tahoe

Hey thanks a lot for the info Jon! I found the harness I think I would need...do you know if the headlights in the 2015 GMC SLT and Denali are exactly the same? The harness I found converts the lights for an SLT but doesn't say anything about Denali...I'm assuming they'd be exactly the same as far as the wiring goes but not sure

• 3 months later...
Hey thanks a lot for the info Jon! I found the harness I think I would need...do you know if the headlights in the 2015 GMC SLT and Denali are exactly the same? The harness I found converts the lights for an SLT but doesn't say anything about Denali...I'm assuming they'd be exactly the same as far as the wiring goes but not sure

I have a 2004 Tahoe and converted all my exterior bulbs to LED’s!!! By doing so I had to replace my turn signal flasher to avoid the “HYPERFLASH” and using the pain in the ass canbus resistors!!! The other reason I replaced the relay was also so my cruise control didn’t read the resistance on my tail light bulbs and think my break lights were on!!!
Once I changed it......
I haven’t had an issue since!!!!

If you have any other ELECTRICAL questions feel free to send me a PM!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk