Odometer reads "-----". Wtf

Driving a 2015 Sierra 2500 Z71. A few days ago I was sitting in my truck as my lady was in the store. She was the one driving so she had her keys, took them with her inside. I got bored and put my keys in to listen to music and I see the odometer now reads like "-----". Anyone have any idea why and how to fix this?

7 minutes ago, BO TIE 1 said:

You can try and disconnect the battery and see if that resets it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Seems obvious. Not sure why I did not think of this. "Unplug it and plug it back in."

Dashes for mileage is usually a symptom of someone installing a cluster that was not properly programmed for the truck it was installed in. Never heard of shades on a factory untouched cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Colossus said:

Not when the door has already been opened after the key is taken out of the ignition. 

Actually yes you can, GM calls it carwash mode. 

Hey Holmes boy.   If you look around this forum much, you may note that generally the participants are a little more [fill in a description here that doesn’t sound too insulting] than to use “WTF” in the post/subject line.