Opinions on towing?

The only thing I have towed with my 2018 2500 6.0 and not really felt is my Gheenoe and trailer combo.  Weighs about 900lbs.  I definitely feel my 4500lb bay boat and trailer combo.  I'm not saying the truck struggles.  In fact, it feels great with 4500lbs behind it.  Much improved over the 1500 5.3 I was towing it with before.  The 2500 feels very much in control, firm, assertive.  The 1500 was bouncy, indecisive transmission, challenged. I will be pulling a 7000lb trailer in the mountains next month.  We will see, but I'm betting it will pull that very well. 

The only thing I have towed with my 2018 2500 6.0 and not really felt is my Gheenoe and trailer combo.  Weighs about 900lbs.  I definitely feel my 4500lb bay boat and trailer combo.  I'm not saying the truck struggles.  In fact, it feels great with 4500lbs behind it.  Much improved over the 1500 5.3 I was towing it with before.  The 2500 feels very much in control, firm, assertive.  The 1500 was bouncy, indecisive transmission, challenged. I will be pulling a 7000lb trailer in the mountains next month.  We will see, but I'm betting it will pull that very well. 

I’m not an engineer; however, I think what makes us all feel so much in control in a 3/4 tin truck has a lot to do with the truck weighing close to 4 tons.. whenever the puller out weighs the pulled you should feel much more planted. When I was pulling with 1/2ton my trailer weighed as much or more than my truck... I could feel the weight of the trailer influence the driving dynamics of the lighter truck. The 1/2 ton never struggled with power but you could feel the inertia of the trailer bear down on the truck on hill and in some braking scenarios.

I definitely feel more comfortable with my 2500 pulling my TT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I added Airlift Loadlifter 5000 airbags and ran the schrader valves out the back on each side of the upper corner of the license plate.  Super happy!!  I pull a 2019 303RLS GrandDesign and am within my limits all the way around.  The airbags did nothing but level it out the small amount it needed.  I got them super discounted from Amazon where someone else had returned them.

I have a 15 2500 with the 6.0. I pull a 5k lb cargo trailer and a 10k+ travel trailer. I know its therewith the 5k lb trailer, with the travel trailer i def know its there. She pulls her but she screams. This summer i will be putting my golf cart in bed and hooking up travel trailer. See how she pulls in the mountains of ny.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’m not an engineer; however, I think what makes us all feel so much in control in a 3/4 tin truck has a lot to do with the truck weighing close to 4 tons.. whenever the puller out weighs the pulled you should feel much more planted. When I was pulling with 1/2ton my trailer weighed as much or more than my truck... I could feel the weight of the trailer influence the driving dynamics of the lighter truck. The 1/2 ton never struggled with power but you could feel the inertia of the trailer bear down on the truck on hill and in some braking scenarios.

I definitely feel more comfortable with my 2500 pulling my TT.

I don’t think folks buying 3/4-ton and larger trucks, are doing so to pull sub-8K lb loads.

My Ram CTD pulled 18.5k quite well, and that was “only” a 7700-lb truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t think folks buying 3/4-ton and larger trucks, are doing so to pull sub-8K lb loads.

My Ram CTD pulled 18.5k quite well, and that was “only” a 7700-lb truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:golfclap: