2016-2018 Hidden Winch Factory Bumper

I need this for my truck now im gonna get a bracket and see what I need to do! I've ben looking for a bumper so I can have a winch but I think I may go this route.

5 hours ago, BCMoto said:

I need this for my truck now im gonna get a bracket and see what I need to do! I've ben looking for a bumper so I can have a winch but I think I may go this route.

Let me know. I build the brackets for this setup. I haven’t seen any setup with that Westin plate. But to me, it looks like just the plate. Still need the brackets.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, rcpd34 said:

I would be interested in a hidden mount for my 2500HD.

I have not built one for the 2500’s yet. I can get the measurements and do one from one of the dealers here. What year do you have?

• 1 month later...

Due to recent uptick in interest. I am posting the pricing on here. I have a 2-3 week build time per unit. This is just a hobby and I am more than happy to help anyone with getting their truck to the look they want it. I am in the process of designing and building the 2500/3500 series hidden which setup. 

I use 1/4 inch steel. I can pre drill all the holes but we have found that the factory holes and frames can be off by as much as 1/4 inch. It is best for you to drill your own holes in the brackets and plates. This setup does require you to drill 2 holes in the frame of the truck. One on each side. And drill out the threads to the rear of the tow hook nuts. I provide all nuts, bolts, and washers in grade 8. The front factory tow hook nut and bolt will be reused. All bolts are 1/2 inch thread. I also provide the snap brackets and bolts for the front license plate cover if your state required it.  

Plate, brackets, and fascia bracket: $450 includes shipping

Plate, brackets, and 2” receiver: $475. Includes shipping. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 2:57 PM, Will O'Daniel said:

That’s a good idea. It would work well with the fairlead lower on the facia. Unfortunately, I can’t lower the fairlead because of where I put the receiver. This can be fixed for future builds if anyone wants me to build one. Where my fairlead is now, the plate would stick above the metal bumper about an inch that way. Taking the lines from the bumper and the grill. I was also thinking of building a receiver insert that can hold my plate. But, then it hangs low....... (joke inserted here).... First world issues suck lol. 

You have done a great build with that truck, she looks great. What motor do you have in there, the 5.3 or the 6.2?

55 minutes ago, Walt Strybos said:

You have done a great build with that truck, she looks great. What motor do you have in there, the 5.3 or the 6.2?

It’s the 6.2. As far as mechanical. I have 4.11 gears, BTR stage 2 cam, full exhaust with custom headers, K&N intake, and a  Black Bear dyno tune. It’s still a work in progress, but I have several other builds I am working on as well. 

2 hours ago, anbrumm said:

That is such a nice clean look. I like it. How hard is it to set the winch to free spool since it is behind the bumper?

Depends on the winch you use. I have tried to design a lever to assist with free spool, but it doesn’t work with all winches and each one is different. I have upgraded to the Zion 12 for my winches and it has an electronic free spoil via a wireless remote. 

2 minutes ago, Will O'Daniel said:

Depends on the winch you use. I have tried to design a lever to assist with free spool, but it doesn’t work with all winches and each one is different. I have upgraded to the Zion 12 for my winches and it has an electronic free spoil via a wireless remote. 

ahh, cool. I was just curious about that. That's a nice function to have.