2016-2018 Hidden Winch Factory Bumper

21 minutes ago, maillet282 said:

I know I am a bit late to this party. Do you have any pictures of the actual bracket used for the rear winch ?  

All I did was made L brackets and welded them to the hitch receiver that bolts onto the truck. I have made a couple brackets for other people that bolt on to the receiver,  but it does require holes to be drilled. The winch plate had to be cut to size to fit where I wanted it to go right behind the bumper. I also had to remove the shaft for the spare tire drop. The factory spare will not fit back in place with this. I run 35’s and that wasn’t an issue for me. 

CDAA9CEF-426A-4559-AB41-02842DDBB1B6.jpeg

128824C8-4969-44C5-8294-FA4028199A2C.jpeg

Hey I had just come across this post and the truck looks fantastic! This type of winch setup is exactly what I’ve been searching for and no manufacturer sells anything like this. Are you able to make anymore of these? And if so what’s your cost? You might be onto a real good idea here l. Thanks Tony

Thinking about tackling a front winch with a similar set up. I just need to figure out how I am going to be mounting the front license plate. I am most likely going to be using a winch with synthetic line vs steel 

On 12/31/2019 at 5:31 AM, Tonyb18 said:

Hey I had just come across this post and the truck looks fantastic! This type of winch setup is exactly what I’ve been searching for and no manufacturer sells anything like this. Are you able to make anymore of these? And if so what’s your cost? You might be onto a real good idea here l. Thanks Tony

I can still make these. No manufacture makes them as it requires drilling into the frame. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maillet282 said:

Thinking about tackling a front winch with a similar set up. I just need to figure out how I am going to be mounting the front license plate. I am most likely going to be using a winch with synthetic line vs steel 

Others make a plate holder for Hawse fairleads. This is one link I found. It will completely depend on how you mount your winch.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/tuffy/flip-license-plate-holder-hawse-fairleads?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq67ugNXi5gIVQyCtBh3y-gO0EAQYBCABEgJP4vD_BwE

Edited by Will O'Daniel

47 minutes ago, Will O'Daniel said:

I can still make these. No manufacture makes them as it requires drilling into the frame. 

The biggest issue is having it shipped to Canada.  I have the majority of the tools in my garage to be able to do this. And on my Xterra l, I had a similar plate attachment that you posted as well.  Still in the planning phase right now since it’s snowing and I don’t feel like working outside right now 

20 minutes ago, maillet282 said:

The biggest issue is having it shipped to Canada.  I have the majority of the tools in my garage to be able to do this. And on my Xterra l, I had a similar plate attachment that you posted as well.  Still in the planning phase right now since it’s snowing and I don’t feel like working outside right now 

I haven’t shipped one to Canada yet so I couldn’t tell you what that entails. I can look into it here, but that will be tomorrow. The brackets are pretty straight forward and the plate can be picked up from amazon or another plate builder and cut to size. I can even just do the brackets and send them you with the hardware when I check with the shipping companies. Most of the weight comes from the plate when shipping it all together. That would knock of at least $75 of my going prices. 

48 minutes ago, Will O'Daniel said:

I haven’t shipped one to Canada yet so I couldn’t tell you what that entails. I can look into it here, but that will be tomorrow. The brackets are pretty straight forward and the plate can be picked up from amazon or another plate builder and cut to size. I can even just do the brackets and send them you with the hardware when I check with the shipping companies. Most of the weight comes from the plate when shipping it all together. That would knock of at least $75 of my going prices. 

Thanks for the offer. But I am still just in the thinking and planning faze of what I want to do with my truck. If I do describe to do this it will be at some point later on in the summer months 

37 minutes ago, David Parreno said:

Bro nice truck you think you can help me out with front brackets for The front hitch . I been trying to get one they come in handy thank you 

Thanks! 

Just a hitch? I can do one of those. Haven’t built one but could fab one up.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 1/4/2020 at 3:53 PM, Will O'Daniel said:

Thanks! 

Just a hitch? I can do one of those. Haven’t built one but could fab one up.

I know I'm resurrecting a 14 month old thread.  @Will O'Daniel, did you come up with a 2" hitch receiver option?  I want the 2" tube to come out where the license plate is on my '15 Sierra 1500 for a portable winch on a cradle.  The Curt and Draw-tite options hang down 9.5-11" below the frame and stick out below the fascia; that's sacrificing too much ground clearance.

9 hours ago, DudeBro said:

I know I'm resurrecting a 14 month old thread.  @Will O'Daniel, did you come up with a 2" hitch receiver option?  I want the 2" tube to come out where the license plate is on my '15 Sierra 1500 for a portable winch on a cradle.  The Curt and Draw-tite options hang down 9.5-11" below the frame and stick out below the fascia; that's sacrificing too much ground clearance.

I did happen to fab one up. Only, one. I can do it again and it runs the same price of my winch carriers. It will take me about 30

days to get one going as I will be out of the county at the end of this month.

• 1 month later...