Rear swaybar and rear 5100's installed...

Hellwig swaybar kit installed along with the 5100 Bilsteins on the rear.  Let me just say truck rides wayyyy better!!  Improved handling but the bouncing thrown all over the road BS is no longer.  Completely absorbs 90% of the bumps like a champ.  Fronts will come soon..  Highly suggest the shocks and swaybar.  I'll update how the truck responds with towing once I hook the boat up.  

exhaust4.jpeg

swaybar.JPG

swaybar2.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice, I may look into this as well. I replaced the shocks with the Bilstiens 4600 and they were a night and day difference over the crappy OEM "Rancho" shocks. If this helps with the bouncing around the road when you hit wash boards then I will get the bar as well.

• Like 1

Interested in the rear sway bar setup as well.  I have custom dual exhaust out the back corners.  Curious how you installed it.

On 7/13/2018 at 4:25 PM, Mileguru said:

Any snags when installing the sway bar, or was it smooth sailing? I've been thinking about getting one.

Currently no, but I only have the swaybar on the 1st setting.  If I were to adjust it to the 2nd or 3rd(most aggressive) then I might, as the endlink is fairly close to the exhaust system I have.  It's the MBRP 3.5" catback.  With stock exhaust it may have more clearance. It's a perfect fit now though and even on the 1st setting it was a noticeable difference.  I'll see if I can adjust it to another setting later on but i'm very happy.  Also, assemble the endlinks to the upper mounting brackets first.  Woulda been more difficult to mount the brackets then try to attach.  And definitely leave most of the swaybar in a loose fit to the rear as I needed to move it around slightly for clearance.  Also, one of the brake line plastic clamps had to come off.  Its mounted to the pass side just off the pumpkin and makes a full circle around the axle tube.  Gonna most likely need a cutting wheel to trim an ear off the upper shock mount to clear the upper endlink mounting bracket on the driverside.  Good luck!

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Sooperdave said:

Currently no, but I only have the swaybar on the 1st setting.  If I were to adjust it to the 2nd or 3rd(most aggressive) then I might, as the endlink is fairly close to the exhaust system I have.  It's the MBRP 3.5" catback.  With stock exhaust it may have more clearance. It's a perfect fit now though and even on the 1st setting it was a noticeable difference.  I'll see if I can adjust it to another setting later on but i'm very happy.  Also, assemble the endlinks to the upper mounting brackets first.  Woulda been more difficult to mount the brackets then try to attach.  And definitely leave most of the swaybar in a loose fit to the rear as I needed to move it around slightly for clearance.  Also, one of the brake line plastic clamps had to come off.  Its mounted to the pass side just off the pumpkin and makes a full circle around the axle tube.  Gonna most likely need a cutting wheel to trim an ear off the upper shock mount to clear the upper endlink mounting bracket on the driverside.  Good luck!

Thank you for the info and the heads up about the install!

• Like 1

Which brand swaybar is this ? I put one on my Regular Cab and for sure the end links did not look like that.I had some clearance issues with both the spare and the stock exhaust resonator can but I am pretty sure it is mainly due to my truck being lowered.

Edited by WHITESSTOWPIG

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2018 at 10:25 AM, 10SierraA.T. said:

Does anyone know if they Hellwig bar will work with a level with the 2" block under the leaf packs? It looks like it would bolt up fine. 

Most likely not.  The endlinks don't have the length to connect bracket to the swaybar if you have raised the rear height.  

I have lowered level rear -2" with shackles ...the hellwig bar fits on the stiffest setting. FWIW before you tighten down all the mounting clamps you can massage the bars location an inch either way without worries. the end links are adjustable and have bushings in them. I have also dropped the spare and changed diff oil without clearance problem.

Edited by Pearl2017

On 7/31/2018 at 11:25 AM, 10SierraA.T. said:

Does anyone know if they Hellwig bar will work with a level with the 2" block under the leaf packs? It looks like it would bolt up fine. 

I had the Hellwig 7735 on my 2015 Sierra Double Cab 1500 with 2.5" BDS leveling kit, 3" Readylift blocks, and 1.5" Zone body lift with no issues. 

I have a 2018 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 1500 with a 3.5" Superlift level and the Hellwig 7886 bar as that is what Hellwig recommended and there are no clearance issues. 

I would contact Hellwig for their recommendation but the 7735 bar might work.

Edited by dougwtx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1