Buddy's got an 93' C2500HD (with the eight bolt rims...), Front Disks and Rear Drums.

What I'm hoping to find out what people think is the best stuff to make brake pads & shoes out of.

I'm looking at semi-metallic and ceramic brake pads; there's just too many d--- choices.

Truck hauls a decent load about three or four times a month, otherwise it's 90% freeway/10% hilly mountain passes and snake trails.

If I'm dealing w/ the local NAPA Auto parts store, is the a proven, go-to brake pad/shoe recommendation?

Premium Performance Carbon Fiber Ceramic Hybrid Disc Brake Pads

Premium Performance Drilled & Slotted Disc Brake Rotors

The Carbon Fiber impregnated Ceramic brake pads has a very unusual and counter - intuitive break in procedure, but after that is done these types of brake are extremely responsive, and can handle extreme temperatures. 

Here is an example of them: 

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Approved+Performance+rotors&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AApproved+Performance+rotors

I ended up getting some middle-grade 'ceramic' pads (I think the ceramic part is marketing hype) because the owner needed to get back on the road pdq-

we're going to reschedule a weekend to rebuild the Front End control arms and stuff... (more on this in another thread)