2019 Silverado Hitting the lots!!

My dealer in Bluffton has one. 

They were closed when I stopped by, so I only could look at the outside. 

Truck looks great.  I see a lot of Camaro design ques.

When they are open, I will take a look at the inside.  With three kids, I want to see how the back seat room has improved.

Also have a pic of window sticker, since I don't think you can build these on the Chevy website yet?

Resized952018081895192805957302.jpg

Resized952018081895210032956678.jpg

7 hours ago, Vicarod said:

My dealer in Bluffton has one. 

They were closed when I stopped by, so I only could look at the outside. 

Truck looks great.  I see a lot of Camaro design ques.

When they are open, I will take a look at the inside.  With three kids, I want to see how the back seat room has improved.

Also have a pic of window sticker, since I don't think you can build these on the Chevy website yet?

Resized952018081895192805957302.jpg

Our local dealer has one very similar to this. They do look much better in person. Though am not a fan of the door mounted mirrors & wish the body line in the fender was straight vs angling down on the front door. 

But again, looks much better in person. 

Also saw an all black GMC Sierra with the X31 package at GM's marshaling yard in Detroit a couple weeks back. It looks better in person too. 

Drove though the lot at Karl Chevrolet in Ankeny Iowa on my way home from work today. Counted 11 on the lot all LT 4x4 or Z71 crews all with the chrome bumpers and grilles except 2 TrailBosses 1 black and one Red that has a sold sticker hanging on the mirror. All were between 48.5 and 50 except the Black Trailboss was loaded up 58.5. Didn’t look at the Red one. Black one had some interesting “packages” listed on the window sticker including enhanced trailering package with guidance and trailer tire pressure monitoring and some tech? package with blind spot monitoring. The trailer brake controller looks “interesting” to say the least kinda like the Ford trailer steer wheel thingy...

With a brand new platform comes brand new problems. With my 2011 Silverado 2500HD Duramax with the new DEF emissions system and the new LML engine I have been making many trips to the dealers to get problems diagnosed and corrected. Only bright side was the Allison 1000 transmission that is a great one (so long as TES-295 ATF is used).

I will be waiting for the posts by owners of the new trucks with their various problems (in particular with different engines and transmissions) and scanning the service bulletins and recall notices. If I buy a 2019 Silverado 1500 it will be in the fall of 2019 after the dust settles.

• Like 1

With a brand new platform comes brand new problems. With my 2011 Silverado 2500HD Duramax with the new DEF emissions system and the new LML engine I have been making many trips to the dealers to get problems diagnosed and corrected. Only bright side was the Allison 1000 transmission that is a great one (so long as TES-295 ATF is used).

I will be waiting for the posts by owners of the new trucks with their various problems (in particular with different engines and transmissions) and scanning the service bulletins and recall notices. If I buy a 2019 Silverado 1500 it will be in the fall of 2019 after the dust settles.

I’d do it a couple years after, 2020 plus. I ran out and jumped the first 2014 LTZ Z71 CrewCab that hit the lots and that was the biggest lemon in the history of my Auto buying experience and not saying all 14’s are problematic, just went against everything I’ve learned, never again will I buy the first couple years out of production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While the '19s have grown on me, I can't get over the sloped down hood - it reminds me of the Colorado as does the little swoop upwards on the back door. The GMC seems boxier to me, and I prefer that look - i'm definitely not a fan of the mirrors being mounted to the door panel; that drives me nuts.

I suppose i'm just a 90 year old curmudgeon at heart, but yuck. I live in Florida, but I feel for the poor soul that has to clean that front end up north packed full of snow and road salt and then wax the frickin' thing. If they wanted bigger/taller, they could have bumped up the stature of the '15. Im such a sucker for the refined 90's brick look :D

• Like 1

I’ve owned a $hit load.of new GM trucks starting 40 years ago and have always tried to convince myself that they were wonderful. I hate Fords but for the last decade they have led in many ways including sales. Ram has come a long way in recent years and are closing the gap on GM & Ford. The thing I hate most about GM is the Warranty or lack of..... I keep my truck about 3 years and there are always small issues that they won’t fix.
My 2016 is at the dealer now for 4 issues that are repeats not fixed. I actually video issues that I can to prove they exist. Monday I drove to the dealership to demonstrate that my external temperature wasn’t working. As I expected it was OK when I dropped it off....intermittent issues are the worst.
GM requires that issues are such that the dealer can verify them...even though some are known and widely reported. Others are considered normal even though they really aren’t. I.e. driveline lash, wind noise drivers window, etc.
GM pays peanuts for diagnostics time and a dealer loses money on some issues trying to help the customer. There is no incentive for the mechanic since all work has preset time allowances. This is  the only way they can control costs and I assume similar in the industry.
My point is that a Quality assessment should be a bigger part of the buying decision and GM hasn’t had  good ratings for years. If you don’t care about minor things that don’t work then go for it. Major component failures are covered.  I love my quiet cab until I hit the road and get increasing wind noise. This will be my last custom order and I hate to say it but I’m going to test drive Ford and Ram this time.

Bet I’ve had more, I’ve worked hard to get where I’ve gotten, owned one of the largest Ship Repair companies in the Gulf Coast. The most reliable truck that we’ve ever had is the GM truck, very much all that work truck. When you lower down with a ships crane, supplies, engine parts and deck supplies you realize which one is the best truck, the one with least problems!
Every manufacturer has problems, every. Ford sales best cause their cheaper, with lots of eco boost problems. Dodge horrible crash test ratings, the cheapest to buy, lots of their own problems well known for being a fall apart truck. GM has their own issues too but they’re not cheap, they’re rated the most comfortable out of all of them, strongest and most reliable trucks. My son asked for a Raptor, asked him why? His response was that it’s the cool truck to have, needless to say, that response landed him with a “when you get a job paying you enough to pay for your note, insurance and fuel at the least then you’ll be able to buy one for yourself”. He’s now driving a new new 17 GMC CrewCab Z71, I helped him with the deposit and that’s it, he’s working with some old friends and told me he has no time for relationships, cause he loves working a lot like I did, that’s my boy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1