2016 Tahoe rough idle

I have a 2016 Tahoe Z71 that has been to the dealership 3 times for a rough idle. The motor mounts have been replaced as per the bulletin from GM but the vehicle still idles rough at stops and sometimes in Park. I contacted GM customer service the last time I took it in and got an email stating that they were concerned that I was having issues and customer satisfaction was their goal in this issue. So I tried emailing and calling the number I was given and left several different messages but got no response. After about 2 weeks a senior customer service representative contacted me by phone. He stated he had researched my vehicle’s history and saw that the motor mounts had been replaced and at this time there was nothing else that could be done. He said that the rough idle was a “characteristic of the vehicle”, it does not effect the performance or integrity of the motor. He then went on to say that there is a bulletin out for this issue and further investigation is being done to fix this issue and when there is one they will fix my truck. Wow! If it is a characteristic of the vehicle why is it being further investigated to be fixed? I drive a 2012 Tahoe for work everyday and it idles in Park for at least 9 hours a day and still that work truck does not idle rough like my personal vehicle. It’s sad to see the quality of vehicles GM is putting out to their customers. You hear buy American but it’s hard to when u have issues like this. So much for GM’s customer satisfaction when they tell u there is nothing else that can be done for the $60K vehicle you bought from us that does not run the way it is suppose to. 

I’m sure there is a lot of you out there with this same issue. Wondering if anybody has gotten any kind of fix for this?

Thank you
 RDOrtiz11

I have the same issue and it hasn’t been resolved and I’m almost out of warranty. look for it to only get worse mine feels like it wants to die. It only used to do it in drive but just started to do it in reverse. I have climbed the ladder and am still trying to get mine considered a lemon. All I can tell you is keep pushing them and you can file a warranty claim against GM with the BBB every time I get an oil change I complain and they say no codes normal operation of the vehicle. 

A 55 thousand dollar vehicle at that 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the response Johnathon, I just got my Tahoe back from a different dealership and guess what?  They found no issues with the truck. They claim it is within specs of the test they performed on it.  Its frustrating that it runs the way it does and you can't even trade it in cause you'll lose a lot of money on it.

2016 Tahoe rough idle   I have a 2016 Tahoe Z71 that has been to the dealership 3 times for a rough idle. The motor mounts have been replaced as per the bulletin from GM but the vehicle still idles rough at stops and sometimes in Park. I contacted GM customer service the last time I took it in and got an email stating that they were concerned that I was having issues and customer satisfaction was their goal in this issue. So I tried emailing and calling the number I was given and left several different messages but got no response. After about 2 weeks a senior customer service representative contacted me by phone. He stated he had researched my vehicle’s history and saw that the motor mounts had been replaced and at this time there was nothing else that could be done. He said that the rough idle was a “characteristic of the vehicle”, it does not effect the performance or integrity of the motor. He then went on to say that there is a bulletin out for this issue and further investigation is being done to fix this issue and when there is one they will fix my truck. Wow! If it is a characteristic of the vehicle why is it being further investigated to be fixed? I drive a 2012 Tahoe for work everyday and it idles in Park for at least 9 hours a day and still that work truck does not idle rough like my personal vehicle. It’s sad to see the quality of vehicles GM is putting out to their customers. You hear buy American but it’s hard to when u have issues like this. So much for GM’s customer satisfaction when they tell u there is nothing else that can be done for the $60K vehicle you bought from us that does not run the way it is suppose to.    I’m sure there is a lot of you out there with this same issue. Wondering if anybody has gotten any kind of fix for this?   Thank you  RDOrtiz11

Add Lucus fuel treatment for your next 4 tanks. Make sure to put more than required, you may have carbon buildup. My 16 Yukon ran a bit rough and dealership wanted $300 to run fuel treatment, needless to say, the Yukon is running totally smooth since then. Try 5 or 6 tankfuls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add Lucus fuel treatment for your next 4 tanks. Make sure to put more than required, you may have carbon buildup. My 16 Yukon ran a bit rough and dealership wanted $300 to run fuel treatment, needless to say, the Yukon is running totally smooth since then. Try 5 or 6 tankfuls.

I also add Lucus Fuel treatment to my shop diesels too as well as my personal 18, 6.2 especially since you just don’t know how bed the fuel really is at the pump nowadays.

Thank you TXGREEK, I'll give it a try and post any update.

You’re welcome, just remember to add plenty into your full tank, you will need the fuel cap adapter that came with your vehicle.

Thank you TXGREEK, I'll give it a try and post any update.

Here’s the quart you can buy around $9.50 and you can do 4 tanks full with this.

ccf3078b35f76277950dd31cb9cb551c.jpg

Here’s the fuel tank adapter that fits into your fuel system, ours came with one, you can get them anywhere, just make sure to shove it all the way in till it stops. 3a0aac17a94f211c39b23cdcfbadc2fd.jpg79b586d89bd04ba1dc7238f960b25c3e.jpg

You might want to also check the fuel pump pressure. My dealer told me that the high pressure fuel pump can be very glitchy and cause a right idle.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Could be anyone of a few things. Best to start with the cheapest and go from there, sometimes it’s an easy fix that most of the time dealer really didn’t want to mess with cause they just weren’t going to get reimbursed from GM if they couldn’t figure it out. Best thing just keep posting in this forum and we can assist, most of the time BETTER than dealerships cause we’ve been there.