And the winner is.....

No surprise here. GM interior sucks compared to the others and the 5.3 feels like a dog. Literally the 2 main things they didn’t update.  Please don’t tell me the interior is new. Even the 6.2 could have used a 20hp/20tq bump just to feel new. I know gm doesn’t do interiors but man every magazine internet test is already saying it feels out dated. You gotta hand it to the RAM. With the exception of their hemi, eveytning is new and looks new. And ford is and will always be solid. 

I like the new gm trucks but the 5.3 desperately needed more power and the interior desperately needed upgrading and both were after thoughts. This is how you hit home runs in this truck game. You don’t hold

back. Ram didn’t. Look I love my gm trucks like anyone else here does but the new gm trucks Is a little let down for me. Will I be getting a new one ? Probably but doesn’t take away my gripes 

Edited by f8l vnm

2 minutes ago, NWI Denali said:

The 5.3 being "underpowered" is severely blown out of proportion. It was what, .2 and .5 seconds behind the others in the 1/4 mile? But I do agree, GM should have just made the 6.2 the standard engine across the board it they wanted to make a bold statement.

The 6.2 requires premium and will never be standard. Considering that the 5.3  will likely run away with the high volume V8 fuel economy segment it performs nearly on par with no increase. Also with GM developing small turbo V8s it's quite likely we'll be seeing a fresh driveline during this generation. 

The bland interior is another issue. For those who are buying a street built family hauler GM definitely didn't cater to that crowd. It looks like they've built a pretty decent truck truck, though. 

20 minutes ago, NWI Denali said:

The 5.3 being "underpowered" is severely blown out of proportion. It was what, .2 and .5 seconds behind the others in the 1/4 mile? But I do agree, GM should have just made the 6.2 the standard engine across the board it they wanted to make a bold statement.

If a truck is .2 seconds slower in the quarter mile, it's a broke joke.  

The Hemi is far and away the most over rated boat anchor on the market.  It's amazing to me that it can constantly be rated to perform in line with the gas sipping 5.3 and be considered a much more powerful truck.  

With the same gears a 2019 ram 5.7 and Silverado 5.3 will have identical acceleration. Like I said, GM's mistake is being a bitch about gear ratios this gen. 3.42 gears were a no brainier option in all 5.3 trims.  3.73s should be in max tow/ Trailboss trucks. 

It's ok though.  You can always spend 2 grand and void your warranty to do what should have been done from the factory.  

• Like 1

The 5.3 is a dog  ?? Making a little over 1 HP per cubic inch on crappy 87 octane pump gas and getting over 21 MPG at 75 MPH with a 3.42 gear ?

Maybe I just got lucky and got the one "good" truck GM made !!

You kids don't know what we used to have to spend to get close to 1 HP per cubic inch and had no choice but to run 93 octane to keep the valve train alive. Some of us used to add a little 100 octane low lead aviation fuel in the mix from time to time to get peak performance. 

Didn't buy mine to drag race so I don't give a damn about the top end or quarter mile times. Didn't buy it to impress anyone.  I bought it to do a job. It's a tool like every other vehicle I've had. It's done everything I've needed it to quite well.

Never cared for a Dodge truck after the old 70's Power Wagons. Have disliked the look of the Ford after 1996.  After seeing the 2019 Silverado at my local dealership I am glad I am old enough that I will probably never have to buy another new truck. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Loco Diablo said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a hard look at the picture above.

Which truck has the meanest, most aggressive looking of the 3?

I'll give you a hint....... it's not the Ford and definitely not the RAM.

14 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

it’s not a dog per se but it’s the last IN HP and TQ in its class. Heck the 10 year old 5.7 tundra makes more power and torque. 

and gets the worst fuel economy. 

3 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

Take a hard look at the picture above.

Which truck has the meanest, most aggressive looking of the 3?

I'll give you a hint....... it's not the Ford and definitely not the RAM.

Given how ugly the ass end is on the chevy (and GMC) .. well.. I'll still take the Dodge when it comes to the looks.