2020HD Wish List

40 minutes ago, plumbob98 said:

I couldn't agree more WilliamBos! I'm so glad I didn't wait for the new release of the H.D., it's by far the ugliest truck I've seen. The Super Duty is treating me well and I hope your Ram is doing the same!!

My Ram is treating me well, very happy that I went that route.  

• Like 1

Guess you have not noticed that Ram or Ford still use solid front axles... or that the new medium duty uses a solid front axle and a gear driven transfer case.  Oh wait, the chassis is all Navistar, not a wimpy GM chassis.

Guess you can’t read. My statement was how are SFA’s superior if they can’t stop the death wobbles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, DaBomb6988 said:

Guess you can’t read. My statement was how are SFA’s superior if they can’t stop the death wobbles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can read just fine... most death wobble issues are owner related, adding bigger tires, and being maintenance impaired.  Dont wait until it starts to wobble to replace wear parts.

far superior to ifs.

Edited by WilliamBos

"Death Wobble' is a characteristic of a SFA front axle on leading arms.  Possible, but far less likely on and SFA on leafs.  Death Wobble happens on brand new trucks if the alignment isn't perfect or there is a production tolerance buildup on certain components.  Leading arm front suspensions are basically fragile and very touchy.  Lift kits and larger wheel/tire combinations are nothing but trouble, particularly if the wheels have a different offset than stock  I don't mind SFA's, even though there is a ride and handling penalty.  I won't own a truck with leading arm front suspension.      

On 12/8/2018 at 1:34 PM, WilliamBos said:

My Ram is treating me well, very happy that I went that route.  

Here's my question....why is a guy that drives a 1/2 ton dodge commenting on a forum for GM HD trucks? No offense WilliamBos but it just doesn't seem like you would have any valuable experience to bring to the table.

• Like 1

My 1/2 ton Dodge work truck has had 6 recalls done on it in the last 4 months and a 7th one that at any time in the "next 10 years or 150,000 miles when the gas tank falls off FCA will replace gas tank straps"  Oh by the way 3 of the recalls have been transmission safety issues!!!  That will inspire confidence in a truck owner,  also while I'm getting on to my dodge with the rear end on this truck if you get off the road and the truck is leaning any at all I need to put it into 4 wheel drive to move!!!  :jester:

15 hours ago, MrChips said:

Here's my question....why is a guy that drives a 1/2 ton dodge commenting on a forum for GM HD trucks? No offense WilliamBos but it just doesn't seem like you would have any valuable experience to bring to the table.

I have lotsof experieence to bring to the table, friends that have traded out GM hd trucks for Ram and Ford,  my employer has done the same thing.  

They are not up to the task of heavy work like Ram and Ford.  If all you do is tug a horse trailer ftom show to show, you will be ok, but any actual heavy work and the truck is not up to the task.

Thankfully GM partnered with Navistar on the medium duty - heavy frame, solid axles front and rear and a gear driven transfercase on 4wd models.

Hmmm....I'm in a different camp.....the SFA has treated me well for the past 17 years over three trucks plowing snow. Not one failure of any kind and zero maintenance besides grease and a 75.00 pair of tie rod sleeves. My LBZ has 130K and the front end is tight as can be. The F350 and F450 at my other "job" have been riding like shit and wandering since new. Wheel alignments as well as new tires doesn't fix the issue. Granted these trucks are older, but have nothing for mileage (55K and 17K). Granted I drove a new F250 and it did ride pretty nice, but my 15 LML rides just as nice, if not better. That being said,  I really don't think the Fords or Rams are built better for "work" and the IFS is "weak" statements kind of make me laugh....

Two sides to each argument.....

Edited by JRKRACE

1 hour ago, WilliamBos said:

I have lotsof experieence to bring to the table, friends that have traded out GM hd trucks for Ram and Ford,  my employer has done the same thing.  

They are not up to the task of heavy work like Ram and Ford.  If all you do is tug a horse trailer ftom show to show, you will be ok, but any actual heavy work and the truck is not up to the task.

Thankfully GM partnered with Navistar on the medium duty - heavy frame, solid axles front and rear and a gear driven transfercase on 4wd models.

I don't think you understand my point, until you can give us real world feedback from driving and using a HD truck on a daily basis along with being the guy that pays the expenses then you really don't have any valuable experience to offer, going off a friends opinion does nothing for me.

I'm part owner of a business and we own 4 GM HD trucks with Duramax diesels and 1 Dodge HD with a Cummins. I like the Cummins engine but the drive train and suspension on it have given us some problems, we use our trucks every day and can't afford having them sitting in the shop. I can honestly tell you that our Dodge has been in the shop more than the 4 GM trucks combined so for me the Duramax/Allison combination that GM offers right now is hard to beat. I can't tell you they are better than the Ford Superduty because I've never owned one but based off of my experiences I can for sure tell you the GM is better than the Dodge. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, SilveradoX2 said:

I just read through the GMC Life webpage for the AT4 version.  The Duramax is NOT listed as an engine option?!  For a 2500HD?  That's screwed! 

https://www.gmc.com/gmc-life/trucks/introducing-the-first-ever-2019-sierra-at4

You probably slipped into the AT4 info for the 2019 1500. 

HD AT4 is a 2020 -- and there is some info in the HD 2020 descrptiions/info.

Lots of references available for the current dmax HP/torque with the new 10 speed allison. (presumably it will still be the L5P, since no change in ratings)

Edited by redwngr

3 hours ago, redwngr said:

You probably slipped into the AT4 info for the 2019 1500. 

HD AT4 is a 2020 -- and there is some info in the HD 2020 descrptiions/info.

Lots of references available for the current dmax HP/torque with the new 10 speed allison. (presumably it will still be the L5P, since no change in ratings)

To be sure, the info for the 1500 is what I was first seeing this morning.  Then your clarification started getting me back on course.  By the way the badging I saw in a video and some still photos shows AT4 HD on the door and Duramax on the hood, no 2500 is seen.  Interesting.  Thanks again for your assistance.