What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

On 3/27/2021 at 4:39 AM, Sublym808_RST said:

Been raining here quite a bit this past week. Gave her a wash this morning then installed the tailgate letter inserts from BDTrims in matte black. I like how it finishes off the look of the tailgate. Dipped the emblems a few weeks ago.

Tailgate_1.jpeg

Tailgate_2.jpeg

IMUA KAMEHAMEHA!!! 💪🏾🤙🏾

Just installed the 95mm throttle body. No results yet just drove around let the computer relearn...

20210329_184758.thumb.jpg.2d0d82094ae523145b0730981f360a35.jpg
20210329_181833.thumb.jpg.68b2e9d8dc138f6d3480ebffd58bb7b7.jpg
With no ability to tune, will a large throttle body yield any benefits?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yes, more air equates to more power and the modification is not so substantial that the factory fuel mapping tables can't compensate.  The air fuel ratio will be slightly lean while the computer adjusts the fuel trims, but not dangerously so.

12 hours ago, Luis Marroquin said:

Just installed the 95mm throttle body. No results yet just drove around let the computer relearn...

20210329_184758.jpg

20210329_181833.jpg

5.3 or 6.2 engine?  If 5.3, did you install a 6.2 intake as well?

Yes, more air equates to more power and the modification is not so substantial that the factory fuel mapping tables can't compensate.  The air fuel ratio will be slightly lean while the computer adjusts the fuel trims, but not dangerously so.
More air would also mean more fuel since the computer will be commanding a proper AFR. If it's going to run lean then it isn't compensating by increasing the fuel for a stoich AFR. Is then questing whether or not the fuel rail and/or the fuel injectors can prevent heat soak of the last cylinder in line. Without a proper tune, and/or complete knowledge of the fuel system capabilities, is be concerned about running a larger throttle body. There's just a bunch I don't know about the current powertrain, and none of it is being discussed here. However, further discussion should have its own thread to avoid hijacking this thread. I'm interested in the mod, and the info. Hopefully you'll start a new thread.

27 minutes ago, Luis Marroquin said:

It's the 6.2... If 5.3 you would need to install the 6.2 intake (L86)

I assumed the L87 intake, but I've read reports of the L86 working properly with the L84 engine with a little bit of effort.

3 hours ago, Transient said:

More air would also mean more fuel since the computer will be commanding a proper AFR. If it's going to run lean then it isn't compensating by increasing the fuel for a stoich AFR. Is then questing whether or not the fuel rail and/or the fuel injectors can prevent heat soak of the last cylinder in line. Without a proper tune, and/or complete knowledge of the fuel system capabilities, is be concerned about running a larger throttle body. There's just a bunch I don't know about the current powertrain, and none of it is being discussed here. However, further discussion should have its own thread to avoid hijacking this thread. I'm interested in the mod, and the info. Hopefully you'll start a new thread.

It will not run at optimum stoichiometric efficiency at first.  The s-trims will try to balance out the AFR first and the l-trims will adjust overtime as long as the range is within the factory set fuel maps.  Is it optimum, no, but it works.  Proper tuning will set your trims immediately and there will be no adjustment period, or rather an extremely short adjustment period.  Again though, with no tuning you will run slightly leaner at first, maybe a couple 10ths of an AFR value, but nowhere near dangerous levels and your computer will make slight adjustments as you drive it more.  Now, if you do major mods as well like full length headers, ORY, fab'd intake, etc., your computer will not be able to adjust accordingly and will most likely start throwing codes right out of the gate.

• Like 1