What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

Traveled through time, literally, and I achieved this while driving 88 mph.

Details: Time zone change where the posted speed limit is 80 MPH. I ALWAYS set cruise at 8 mph over the posted speed when on the highway. (I cap it at 4 mph over when not on the interstate/highways.)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Officially no more chrome left on the truck. Went ahead and removed the muffler tips and sprayed them with high-temp paint for a matte black look. Getting them off and on was such a pain because of how tight of an area there is to get the 3 bolts out from each side. Used a 10mm socket wrench for it. Especially hard if you have bigger hands like I do. As for the paint it self, I wiped them clean, used some 80 sand paper to prep for paint. Sprayed a light first coat followed up 3 heavy coats. I waited about 10-15 mins before each coat. Then a few hours to let the tips dry. Installing them was worst than removing it because of trying to get the first couple of threads on by hand was a pain. Eventually got it and am very happy with the results. I'll take some proper photos sometime next week.

F0Mljkr.jpg

YslyCXz.jpg

Pn4Shjz.jpg

WBEneuN.jpg

• Like 3

Officially no more chrome left on the truck. Went ahead and removed the muffler tips and sprayed them with high-temp paint for a matte black look. Getting them off and on was such a pain because of how tight of an area there is to get the 3 bolts out from each side. Used a 10mm socket wrench for it. Especially hard if you have bigger hands like I do. As for the paint it self, I wiped them clean, used some 80 sand paper to prep for paint. Sprayed a light first coat followed up 3 heavy coats. I waited about 10-15 mins before each coat. Then a few hours to let the tips dry. Installing them was worst than removing it because of trying to get the first couple of threads on by hand was a pain. Eventually got it and am very happy with the results. I'll take some proper photos sometime next week.

F0Mljkr.jpg
YslyCXz.jpg
Pn4Shjz.jpg
WBEneuN.jpg
Welcome to the No More Chrome On Blue Trucks Club. Northsky Blue looks amazing when you get rid of the chrome. However, the other blue that's SEO only, called Arrival Blue, looks great with chrome, imo

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mbcorry said:

67E110FE-9B1C-4FCF-ADFB-1BECB5954890.jpeg

Looks good! I've been wanting to do that for a long time.. thinking either a satin black or satin grey. I've been practicing on interior trim pieces so I can attempt the exterior myself but it will be quite a process.. did you do it yourself or have it done? Any tips? / or if you don't mind me asking how much did it run you? It seems like most places around me will cost 10k..

12 minutes ago, Atelliott89 said:

Looks good! I've been wanting to do that for a long time.. thinking either a satin black or satin grey. I've been practicing on interior trim pieces so I can attempt the exterior myself but it will be quite a process.. did you do it yourself or have it done? Any tips? / or if you don't mind me asking how much did it run you? It seems like most places around me will cost 10k..

I had mine done by a place here in Utah called Vinyl Wurx (they also do all the wrap jobs for Diesel Brothers) they did a phenomenal job and are really detail oriented, my whole truck was 4k.

Just now, Mbcorry said:

I had mine done by a place here in Utah called Vinyl Wurx (they also do all the wrap jobs for Diesel Brothers) they did a phenomenal job and are really detail oriented, my whole truck was 4k.

Oh cool. Love watching the diesel Brothers. 4k is much more reasonable than 10k... stupid California...

I haven't watched much of Diesel Bros, but from what I've seen it appears they're located north of Salt Lakh near Woods Cross. Is the vinyl wrap shop up there too? I arrived in Salt Lake today after driving from San Diego. There is a huge difference in the cost of everything. A meal at a local restaurant would cost me $50 in California. It only cost $29 in Utah. The problems with California are real.

7 hours ago, Transient said:There is a huge difference in the cost of everything. A meal at a local restaurant would cost me $50 in California. It only cost $29 in Utah. The problems with California are real.

True from what I’ve seen a couple years back from taking a trip. Plus 2 other things I hated was that I couldn’t get just sweet tea with my lunch or dinner and they look at you weird for it 😂 Love me some sweet tea with my meals here in Tx. And those paper dissolvable straws.... 🤮. Other than that, love going to the beaches.

Well typical here after just washing the truck and wife’s Yukon, it sprinkled just enough to get the truck dirty again with a little dirt blowing during the time. Told my neighbors if they wanted rain, I will just wash my rides and it will happen.

7 hours ago, Transient said:

I haven't watched much of Diesel Bros, but from what I've seen it appears they're located north of Salt Lakh near Woods Cross. Is the vinyl wrap shop up there too? I arrived in Salt Lake today after driving from San Diego. There is a huge difference in the cost of everything. A meal at a local restaurant would cost me $50 in California. It only cost $29 in Utah. The problems with California are real.

Yes it's called Vinyl Wurx and their located in woods cross.  Tell them Mike with the Matte Black Silverado sent you and they'll hook you up!

Yes it's called Vinyl Wurx and their located in woods cross.  Tell them Mike with the Matte Black Silverado sent you and they'll hook you up!
Thanks Mike. I've been curious about getting vinyl wraps, but won't be doing it this time around. My wife and I are locals, but she's in the Navy and there aren't any Naval bases in Utah. We're here to visit family while the kids are on spring break with school.