What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

Saturday, drove from Salt Lake City to Mesquite, NV. Today, drove from Mesquite to San Diego. Today was a colossal s**t biscuit. Californians don't know how to drive. Everybody goes slow in the left lane, and pass on the right. Lots of wrecks that added several hours to the trip, and 1 more tank of gas.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Two things. 

1) Noticed the rear window leak,  Scheduled the service appointment.

2) Ran out of gas as i was pulling into the gas station.  50 miles out the gas warning hit.  Needed to go 40 miles.  Warning changed to LOW for miles remaining.  Made it home.  Left to go get gas, drove 1/4 to the gas station and as i arrived,  truck shut off, instructed i shift to neutral and attempt to restart.  Shifted to N and coasted to the pump.   Filled up, started normally.   512 miles on the tank, highway and around town driving. 

8 hours ago, Transient said:

Saturday, drove from Salt Lake City to Mesquite, NV. Today, drove from Mesquite to San Diego. Today was a colossal s**t biscuit. Californians don't know how to drive. Everybody goes slow in the left lane, and pass on the right. Lots of wrecks that added several hours to the trip, and 1 more tank of gas.

I don’t know how anyone lives in that state. I lived in Vegas for 2 years and that was enough. I drove to Disney Land one day for a little vacation and that is exactly how everyone drove! “Just like you described”. Drivers etiquettecy out there really suffers. Plus, wasting a tank of gas sitting in traffic drove me nuts as well. That was in 2007 when gas was over $4/gal. 
Anyhow, I commend you because I couldn’t do it. 

I don’t know how anyone lives in that state. I lived in Vegas for 2 years and that was enough. I drove to Disney Land one day for a little vacation and that is exactly how everyone drove! “Just like you described”. Drivers etiquettecy out there really suffers. Plus, wasting a tank of gas sitting in traffic drove me nuts as well. That was in 2007 when gas was over $4/gal. 
Anyhow, I commend you because I couldn’t do it. 
I can't wait to leave California. Summer 2023 can't come soon enough.

On 4/4/2021 at 4:01 PM, bwoodsmn said:

Very Cool - What were the "rules of engagement" - what were the passing and speed rules for your time at the track?  I've never had the opportunity to run on a course like that, I'm very jealous.

Thanks for the reply bwoodsmn - The facility put on this event as a tornado relief benefit for recent storms we had that rolled through the area. $50 got you a few laps around the track at highway speeds...~80-90... Barber Motorsports Park does something similar for holders of their vanity car tags twice a year.

I've taken vehicles around Barber before (as my old man has a Barber tag), but Dega was the ultimate experience! Plus anyone could come and do this (Dega) regardless of where they live. Next time I'll be sure and make a post about it on here.

https://www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/news-media/2021/03/30/wheel-your-own-vehicle-around-talladega-superspeedway-friday-to-benefit-alabama-tornado-victims/

I installed the AFE Magnum FLOW Pro 5R Air Filter in my '20 3.0 last night. This morning I spent 2 hours on state highways and interstate (roughly 110 miles total). The truck seems to pull a bit harder and have better throttle response. I can't comment on the fuel mileage as of yet as this tank of fuel has 50% miles on both filters (207.7 miles total with 30.6 mpg). 

The OEM filter in the pictures is the factory original and had roughly 17,800 miles on it. 

20210405_171128.jpg

20210405_171138.jpg

20210405_171150.jpg

Picked this up today. Ordered and paid for it back in February. Some sort of ordering mistake made by the dealership prevented it from coming in March. They owned up to it and corrected the issue. Got a call back on Friday that it finally arrived, but I was out of town. Just picked it up. This is for Northsky Blue.

While I picked up the touch up paint I also looked into getting the number pad for entry into the truck done. GM Accessories charges $80 for the customer to have the dealer install it if ordered through the website. Dealership I have been buying parts through isn't setup on the GM Accessories website. In this case it's have to order it online and have it shipped to another dealer for install. The dealership I've been using wanted to charge me $273 just for install. Upon hearing this I told the guy, "This is why you guys never get my truck for service. You are trying to rip people off. GM's Accessories website says it's 1/3 what you're charging." I turned and walked out. The dealership that is setup to receive parts via GM Accessories website will be getting service, along with my next oil change and routine maintenance at the 15,000 mile internal. 97d01a69da022e3cf3b0f47b92a24dc4.jpg

2 hours ago, Transient said:

Picked this up today. Ordered and paid for it back in February. Some sort of ordering mistake made by the dealership prevented it from coming in March. They owned up to it and corrected the issue. Got a call back on Friday that it finally arrived, but I was out of town. Just picked it up. This is for Northsky Blue.

While I picked up the touch up paint I also looked into getting the number pad for entry into the truck done. GM Accessories charges $80 for the customer to have the dealer install it if ordered through the website. Dealership I have been buying parts through isn't setup on the GM Accessories website. In this case it's have to order it online and have it shipped to another dealer for install. The dealership I've been using wanted to charge me $273 just for install. Upon hearing this I told the guy, "This is why you guys never get my truck for service. You are trying to rip people off. GM's Accessories website says it's 1/3 what you're charging." I turned and walked out. The dealership that is setup to receive parts via GM Accessories website will be getting service, along with my next oil change and routine maintenance at the 15,000 mile internal. 97d01a69da022e3cf3b0f47b92a24dc4.jpg

It's taped onto the door.  You'd be nuts to pay $2, let alone $273.  I hope you gave them the double bird salute.

It's taped onto the door.  You'd be nuts to pay $2, let alone $273.  I hope you gave them the double bird salute.
When I'm seeing the following all over the product description, details, and FAQ, something tells me I need to pay attention it. Can somebody provide the installation instructions to GM part # 84182981 to confirm I won't need a dealer for this?a41ca3bdd92279359021a261b54b9fc5.jpg397c742a233685580cd68c3efe9db339.jpg1d292a1562fc1d9cedcaeaeb729a8b6e.jpg

9 hours ago, Transient said:

When I'm seeing the following all over the product description, details, and FAQ, something tells me I need to pay attention it. Can somebody provide the installation instructions to GM part # 84182981 to confirm I won't need a dealer for this?a41ca3bdd92279359021a261b54b9fc5.jpg397c742a233685580cd68c3efe9db339.jpg1d292a1562fc1d9cedcaeaeb729a8b6e.jpg

@Transient - here's a link to a similar question about that particular keypad - 

.  I didn't know it was a "stick-on" device.  However, it does look like the dealership has to program it.

• Like 1

On another note...the dealership installed all of the "LPO" package stuff yesterday!  

• Rear under-the-seat storage
  • Center console vault
  • Extended mud flaps
  • 5th-wheel hitch package
  • Kicker system on multi-function tailgate
  • Front recovery hooks

They also gave me the wiring bundle (+ camera) for the trailer rear camera so I can install that this weekend on my car hauler.