Anyone else think about trading for 19 ram?

I've had my 17 Denali for 19 months now and have had quite a few issues with it. Never really looked into other makes until this past weekend. Originally was going to trade my 17 in for a 19 but with a sticker over 69k and no discounts I looked at the ram for comparison. I can get a more equipped Ram 1500 with a sticker of 66k for 59k with no negotiations. The only thing I would miss is the 6.2

Not saying I am going this route but seems like it's more luxury than a denali which I thought was supposed to be the staple of luxury trucks.

Just wondering if anyone else has looked at other trucks. I'm not a huge fan of the looks of the 19 sierras. Much prefer the 17s in terms of looks

• Like 1

Nope, I've never considered a Ram at all. I guess neither the styling (fine, not bad), nor the engine options (V6, thirsty V8, diesel) really called out to me.  I was shopping at the value end, not the luxury end though.  

I'm pretty loyal to GM, but when considering alternatives, the F-150 was the only other truck I even bothered to price out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ianwelch001 said:

I've had my 17 Denali for 19 months now and have had quite a few issues with it. Never really looked into other makes until this past weekend. Originally was going to trade my 17 in for a 19 but with a sticker over 69k and no discounts I looked at the ram for comparison. I can get a more equipped Ram 1500 with a sticker of 66k for 59k with no negotiations. The only thing I would miss is the 6.2

Not saying I am going this route but seems like it's more luxury than a denali which I thought was supposed to be the staple of luxury trucks.

Just wondering if anyone else has looked at other trucks. I'm not a huge fan of the looks of the 19 sierras. Much prefer the 17s in terms of looks

GMC-AT (aka Evel) had to make this decision recently. Decided on ordering a 2019 Silverado RST over RAM. :thumbs:

I am sure he will chime in soon.

Go Test Drive a RAM and follow your gut.

Yes, I was very close to ordering a 2019 RAM a few weeks ago. I have been strictly GM my whole life, never thought about owning anything else. But that RAM is packed with neat features.   I researched and followed their forums for a while.  My thoughts are this...

• The RAM Limited is far more advanced than the 2019 Denali.. no comparison.
  • The value is also a lot better with a 2019 RAM.  These have been on the road now for over 6 months, and there are some good discounts already. 
  • The reliability of the new RAM seems to be the big issue right now. Guys are having some real problems. However, I think the 2020 RAM will be much better after some bugs get worked out. 

I have owned a lot of first year trucks -  2014 Sierra, 2007 Silverado, 2003, etc. They all have some hiccups, but the 2019 RAM seems to have more. It was enough for me to steer clear and order a 2019 Silverado... even though I could have got a lot more tech with the RAM. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GMC-AT said:

Yes, I was very close to ordering a 2019 RAM a few weeks ago. I have been strictly GM my whole life, never thought about owning anything else. But that RAM is packed with neat features.   I researched and followed their forums for a while.  My thoughts are this...

• The RAM Limited is far more advanced than the 2019 Denali.. no comparison.
  • The value is also a lot better with a 2019 RAM.  These have been on the road now for over 6 months, and there are some good discounts already. 
  • The reliability of the new RAM seems to be the big issue right now. Guys are having some real problems. However, I think the 2020 RAM will be much better after some bugs get worked out. 

I have owned a lot of first year trucks -  2014 Sierra, 2007 Silverado, 2003, etc. They all have some hiccups, but the 2019 RAM seems to have more. It was enough for me to steer clear and order a 2019 Silverado... even though I could have got a lot more tech with the RAM. 

Thank you for your insight. 

My 2017 Denali has had it's fair of issues which I wasnt expecting for a mid cycle truck.

2 times the sharkfin antenna has leaked so they replaced it both times

1 time the sunroof leaked 

3 times the check engine light has come on. 1st was cylinder 2 injector needed to be replaced. 2nd was an ecm flash. 3rd was all 8 fuel injectors needed to be replaced 

And a couple other times for hard shifting, vibrations at 70mph ect

some good info - https://5thgenrams.com/community/forums/5th-gen-general-discussion.13/

Again, we all know most people go to forums just to complain.. but this seems a little excessive to me, even for a first year truck.. 

there are about 4 or 5 issues that seem pretty common. 

Also -  I should add, another reason I got the 2019 Chevy is because I have a real good relationship with a local dealer just down the street from me. Makes things a lot more easier if/when I do need help or service. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ianwelch001 said:

Im having the same thoughts as you. Before I bought my truck the 2019's Rams were out and I could've saved serious money but I couldn't get over the looks of the Ram. Now I think I can get over the looks of it but the reliability is an issue. I dont know what to do now. The 2019 GMC are uglier than the Rams to me. I love the looks and the power of my truck but the features are shit and way behind. I already have a 6k deposit on a supercharger getting put on in 3 weeks so after its put on Ill see if I can overlook everything else and hold out till the kinks are worked out of the 2020 Rams. Good luck to you on your choice.  

Buddy of mine owns a tow service company. He said hands down without question the overwhelming majority of broken down vehicles he deals with are Chrysler/ Dodge / Jeep products. Not saying GM is the answer either as he is a Ford guy. But he absolutely refuses to even consider ever owning anything built by Chrysler / Jeep / Dodge.