2019 Trail Boss...Why no 6.2L

Jaywroe

My 15 5.3 truck drove like a good ole truck. It ran and drove just fine.  However my 18 6.2 truck drives better, more nimble and lighter feeling, not as cumbersome, actually fun to drive. .  Unfortunately if you want a better than average driving Chevy/GMC you have to spend a lot of money and/or get an overly blinged truck.  Unfortunately my ultimate 19 would be Custom Trail Boss with a 6.2.  And unfortunately with the prices of the ‘19s looking like they do, I could probably get a Ford Raptor for the same money as a 6.2 GM.  Or maybe settle for a non blinged Ford with a turbo 3.5 or the 395hp 5.0.  That’s too bad because I’ve always had GM trucks.   

5 hours ago, Jaywroe said:

Just as the title suggests....why no 6.2L on the trail boss?

I LOVE the look of the Trailboss vs the Sierra AT4 but want the 6.2L

What gives?

I think it was a trade off with GMC as the LT trim gets the diesel and the Sierra SLE does not.  

Edited by lrtexasman

1 hour ago, chevy2tuff2006 said:

Its a unicorn motor.....Gm wants to say they have the most powerful V8 in its segment but doesn't allow anyone to own one who doesn't have deeeeep pockets.....

This is no longer the case as the limited f150 gets the HO 3.5. With 450/510 

i agree though give the people an option 

"most powerful V8". Then Ram says "Most powerful standard V8". 

It's all a game. 

6.2 should be available in RST and Trail Boss at a minimum.  You can get a center console in the LT either. 

6.2 is a money maker.  How much more does it cost to make?  GM makes $2500 Everytime they sell it, but between the 6.2 over the 5.3, 10 speed and few other things, it's probably 2000 pure profit. 

It’s not all about motor it depends on what you’re using your ride for. I agree the 6.2 should be available across the board. The right gear would make up for a smaller motor and fuel comes into the equation. If I was looking for a performance truck I wouldn’t even consider the 6.2 in the current offerings. I probably wouldn’t stay with this brand. If I was going to tow diesel would be my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is my understanding why no 6.2 across the board.  Has to do with CAFE.  GM makes the Corvette and Camaro, two gas users per say.  Now if they offered the 6.2 in every truck and SUV then their CAFE numbers would go down per manufacture.  Not enough smaller vehicles being sold/used like the Cruze and such to counter the CAFE numbers so they don't offer the 6.2 in every vehicle. It is all about meeting CAFE numbers as whole company.  Again that is my understanding. 

• Like 1