GM's Automatic Emergency Braking Proven To Reduce Certain Accidents By 64%

Gorehamj

26 minutes ago, j-ten-ner said:

haha...that's like the pilot announcing to the passengers:

"I have good news and I have bad news!

The bad news is that we've lost all engines.

The good news is that we're landing immediately!"

so long

j-ten-ner

In aviation - we have a saying...

"Take off is optional - Landing is Mandatory"

Edited by migizi

7 hours ago, migizi said:

In aviation - we have a saying...

"Take off is optional - Landing is Mandatory"

And any landing you can walk away from.. or crawl away from.. is a good one. 

My wife's '15 Equinox has the collision alert and break assist. You can adjust the distance for the break assist/collision alert as well or turn it off all together.

It has its flaws. If the sun hits the camera just right (like straight on) I've had the break assist activate with no cars in front of me. Good way to get rear ended if someone's following too close or piss someone off thinking you're break checking them for no reason.

Same with the lane departure feature she has also. Those cracks in the road they tar up or fill with whatever, again, with the sun hitting it right, it thinks we are crossing the lanes and starts beeping/warning us.

But I would say, overall, it's not a bad feature to have for a just in case moment. I thinks it really good for younger unexperienced drivers.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Someone who has this feature should do a test video. Use some large boxes and see if the vehicle will stop or hit the boxes if you just go at them and dont stop.

It may give an idea on how and when it works.

Is AEB the same as FAB on my Denali? I have seen the dash turn red along with a red splash on the windshield from the HUD and been tickled on the butt during all these actions.

Really would like to see an answer about the activation speed and distance needed to capture target. Someplace I saw another post saying AEB/FAB was for low speeds only. Low speed is anything below interstate speeds?