Rear window leak

Demon

I'd be showing that to the service manager without a doubt.
Right now that is the least of my worries. I did ask if there was a transmission shift update for the 1-2 clunk on LIGHT acceleration I was feeling. Probably why it was test driven hard and put away wet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yeah they applied the sealant to the top of my rear window and everything is good so far. A repair like this should be warranted for as long as you own the vehicle or at least 3 yrs / 36000 miles from the date of repair. The dealership ended up scratching the Air Bag Trim piece on the passenger side which they said they will replace after pointing it out.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

I wouldn’t worry too much about the hard acceleration. The threshold to be considered hard is very low. Maybe 50% throttle. It shows up constantly on my driving score. Hard breaking doesn’t come up as much.

So I have a new headliner on order. Do they need to remove front and rear window or just the front to replace the headliner? If they have to remove rear anyway I am going to make a strong push to replace it because of the cracked frame.

Since they pull down the rear of the headliner to remove the rear window, I assume they do not need to remove the rear window when replacing the entire headliner. Per users that

have had their headliner replaced, the front window does come out for the headliner replacement. My guess is that the only way you get GM to replace the window is if it leaks now.

So you might want to test that initial repair with lots of water.

Yes sir we fixed the leak.....20 seconds with a hose when I got home. I pulled the headliner back and you can clearly see where the frame is cracked and the water is just pouring in. If they have to take the rear window out couldnt the headliner fit through that without taking the front window out?

I also pissed that they used black sealant and got it all over the place instead of the clear that gm specified.

My patience is running very thin.7177a89c5d8a4e70b1c20ec03b58d0b3.jpgc3c933e896b9c3aa96255bcf8dda6752.jpg82a0a6b504adbc143b878d3a59114d52.jpg9f0c4475421b138fbcff47e5de7b7569.jpga26123d5da6ecc55826ecc102af4fd64.jpg

Jesus Christ man. They ****ed up. Take it back immediately. They used clear on mine. And it's a black truck. Call GM customer service. Do you have a case open already?

I've been checking mine every day since the repair. Bone dry. Now they just have to get rid of the mildew smell. Carpet is first on the list, but I won't stop there if the smell isn't gone. Anytime I go out to the truck and it's been closed up for more than a few minutes, the smell hits me like a ton of bricks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Yes sir we fixed the leak.....20 seconds with a hose when I got home. I pulled the headliner back and you can clearly see where the frame is cracked and the water is just pouring in. If they have to take the rear window out couldnt the headliner fit through that without taking the front window out?

I also pissed that they used black sealant and got it all over the place instead of the clear that gm specified.

My patience is running very thin.7177a89c5d8a4e70b1c20ec03b58d0b3.jpgc3c933e896b9c3aa96255bcf8dda6752.jpg82a0a6b504adbc143b878d3a59114d52.jpg9f0c4475421b138fbcff47e5de7b7569.jpga26123d5da6ecc55826ecc102af4fd64.jpg

Man would I be pissed. What a joke. They clearly take no pride in their work. Escalate until it’s right. Sad you have to go through this. I feel bad for you!

You would think after 8 days of sitting there someone would have sprayed it with a hose. To them it's just a 2 hr warranty repair. I already have a case number. I asked for the manager of the dealer to call me tomorrow, and I also want to meet with the district rep. For a truck I had for 1 day this is ridiculous. It has totally ruined the new car experience. They sold me a water damaged truck and I am not sure any thing will ever make it right.

This is stress I don't need in my life right now. Thanks for all the help folks. Without this forum I would be totally in the dark about this. My dealer said it was the spoiler that was leaking. Probably because they didn't want to say the window frame was cracked in half on both sides and we did a shitty job of of using the wrong sealant to not fix it 8 days ago.....

• Like 2