Rear window leak

Demon

Stay strong and vigilant. They need to buy the truck back. Make you whole one way or another. Like I said, I will NOT settle for a smelly truck no matter what.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My wife says I am a super smeller. I sniffed till I was blue in the face and smell no mildew. But it has also been below freezing the last 4 months here

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Shamrock - That really stinks man, I'm sorry you went through all of that crap, that's not cool at all!   It's that crappy dealership, I would raise hell about them for sure!  Few people take pride in their work anymore! 

Please let us know what happens. 

I will say the GM customer care representative and my dealer sales rep have been great to work with. It's been GM assembly and probably one bad technician at dealer who was in a hurry. The way they pay these techs with flat rate it is no wonder they rush every job.

I took my frustrations and f bombs out on a 16 page word document which I will keep to myself, so that I could stay calm cool and courteous when interacting with real humans that don't deserve to be screamed at.

Picked up another loaner tonight. GM rep and dealership are talking. See where it leads.

Good things happen to good people so I am hoping that is the case here.

• Like 4

Is there a definitive time frame of truck builds that this is an issue? My Trail Boss is a 08/21/18 build at Ft. Wayne. No water issues that I’ve observed thus far. 
The gm bulletin says anything before 10/1/18 could have the issue. It is unclear to me of the upper glass rail guide is cracked from the window manufacturer or if it's cracked during installation. Great to hear yours seems fine. For piece of mind go at it with the garden hose and double check from time to time. If you catch it early you might save damage to interior

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do as ShamrockShooter says, check it regularly. Mine was built Aug 2018 and I wash it frequently. I check it often but it started leaking last week. It was just a few drops and nothing like what Shamrock is going thru. Dealership added the sealant to the top of the window and so far it has been good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After owning since 12/21/18 I just saw a couple of small drops on the inside of the rear slider, very minor but still a leak, just on the drivers side. Made an appointment for 04/22, lets see what happens.

Just for a point of reference, I go through the automatic car was at least 2 times a week, high pressure sprayers all over the place, never noticed any water until we had a light rain storm last week and it was parked outside all day.

Edited by eppieguy

After owning since 12/21/18 I just saw a couple of small drops on the inside of the rear slider, very minor but still a leak, just on the drivers side. Made an appointment for 04/22, lets see what happens.
Just for a point of reference, I go through the automatic car was at least 2 times a week, high pressure sprayers all over the place, never noticed any water until we had a light rain storm last week and it was parked outside all day.
If it is the cracked plastic like I have it could be getting worse with freeze thaw cycles if you are up north or you could have had some dirt/crud in the channel covering up the cracks.

I would get some towels and stuff them between each headrest and the rear corner of truck.

Make sure when you take it in you have the bulletin in hand (in this thread) and tell them you want them to use the CLEAR sealant gm specified, and that you want to personally inspect the window after they remove the spoiler to see where the cracks are if there are any before they apply the sealant. Also that you want a nice smooth bead of sealant if possible without getting it all over the window and truck like mine did.

They will have to pull headliner down so make sure you tell them to take care not to get greasy finger prints on the headliner.

I would also contact GM customer care and have a case number opened up for this issue. Document every conversation you have and take lots of pictures.

Good luck.

16 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

If it is the cracked plastic like I have it could be getting worse with freeze thaw cycles if you are up north or you could have had some dirt/crud in the channel covering up the cracks.

I would get some towels and stuff them between each headrest and the rear corner of truck.

Make sure when you take it in you have the bulletin in hand (in this thread) and tell them you want them to use the CLEAR sealant gm specified, and that you want to personally inspect the window after they remove the spoiler to see where the cracks are if there are any before they apply the sealant. Also that you want a nice smooth bead of sealant if possible without getting it all over the window and truck like mine did.

They will have to pull headliner down so make sure you tell them to take care not to get greasy finger prints on the headliner.

I would also contact GM customer care and have a case number opened up for this issue. Document every conversation you have and take lots of pictures.

Good luck.

I'm very confident in my dealer as they will do whatever I ask of them with no questions asked, even when it's not needed. I buy 20-30 vehicles a year, so they basically take real good care of me. 

It looks like in one of Shamrockshoorter's pics that the headliner is buckled where they had to pull it down. Did they damage the board it is glued to?

I'd have their ass in a sling over that smart driver report. I sent my 2 week old Cruze in for a strange harmonic rubbing on very light acceleration that they couldn't reproduce. I pulled the dashcam video and found that the tech who was working on my car was hitting about 5,000+ RPM in the parking lot based on sound. I walked back in with the video of it. Needless to say, they know who I am at the dealer now and I will be taking my business elsewhere once my Silverado is delivered.

Edited by MDSilveradoGuy