Rear window leak

Demon

1 hour ago, Deewc74 said:

Wow sorry to hear that , keep us posted I don’t see how this isn’t a recall yet ? Guess the “number “ hasn’t been met. My local dealer acted like they never heard of such. 

Recalls are for safety issues, unfortunately not this pain in the ass back window.

• Like 1

They gave me a canyon to drive , the lady told me the headliner would be replaced. 

My thing is I’m sure this wasn’t the first time it happened. I’m sure while it was on the  lot It happened as well. 
my truck was in this lot since May and we’ve had plenty of rain since then. 

who knows we will see how this goes 

On 12/29/2019 at 9:00 PM, ShamrockShooter said:

I just checked the T1 Silverado Facebook group and seemingly every other post is about rear window leaks

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think we’re starting to hit a critical mass here, especially with more people chiming in after finding this thread online. 

For most new owners with the darker interiors, it’s hard to see the stained headliners unless it is really bright out and you’re looking for it. Or if you smell something.

My guess is there are a LOT of affected trucks out there with oblivious owners. 

• Like 1

Yeah I noticed a marking so to speak on the headliner but it sure didn’t look like water damage. 
Once it rained and I was able to see it , it followed the same mark I was concerned about. 
That’s what leads me to believe it’s been rained on multiple occasions.

On 3/31/2019 at 6:40 AM, Rocz3cqg said:

Since I am going to start this journey, I thought of keeping some notes of contacts, users etc

Contacts
    Chevy Customer Care
        Email [email protected] or https://www.chevrolet.com/contact/email-us
        Chat https://www.chevrolet.com/contact/chat
        Twitter @chevycustcare
        Phone 1 800 222 1020

Executive VP and President of the Americas

Barry Engle [Replaced Alan Batey] Email:[email protected]

Global Manufacturing GM

Gerald Johnson

Correction Procedure [GM Bulletin 18-NA-383]

This Bulletin applies to Vehicles built before Oct 1 2018. We did have a user report Headliner Damage

with a Build Date of 1/27/2019.

Contact the Dealership

If the Headliner was damaged due to water, the front windshield must be removed for headliner re-installation

Allows the Headliner to be inserted thru the windshield for installation

If the window must be removed, the rear seats will be removed for the process.
        Inspect seating and carpet for dampness and mold and have them replaced. Seats might be a stretch.

Inspect the paint around the window to insure it is not damaged or chipped

Inspect Trim in the back around the window to ensure no damage

Take pics of the outside and inside for future reference and compare to the "after the work"

So the Dealership will attempt the following  3 procedures. 

Contact Chevy Customer Care and lodge a complaint to get it on the record. Use Chat to keep a record of the convo.

If need be, send email to a higher up GM Exec which in turn will cause the GM Executive Service Rep to make contact some how.

Fish_Guru reached out to the VP at GM and did get a response back. I did the same when I needed a front bumper. So they do

followup on complaints. But ensure you follow contacting the Dealership, Chevy Customer Care, state your problem and be

COURTESY.

1 Pull down Headliner to allow removal of Spoiler. place new sealant on the top edge of the window and check leaks after everything is back together or
                       2 Inspect Window for Sealant crack and clean the old sealant off the window and body and reapply sealant and install window or
                       3 Inspect Window for upper rail cracking and obtain a new window and  reapply sealant and install window

Try to have all the parts needed on hand and a plan of attack to minimize how many times [once hopefully] they have to perform surgery on the vehicle

Know your Auto Lemon Laws for your State [Example Michigan]

The law applies to privately owned passenger vehicles and those leased after January 1, 2000, used for personal, family or household purposes. 
        Some business-type vehicles may also be covered. The law does not apply to larger trucks, motor homes, motorcycles, or off-road vehicles.

A defective vehicle is one in which the same problem has not been repaired after four attempts, or a vehicle that is out of service 30 days or more for repairs. 
        The first report of the defect must be made within one year from the date of delivery to the original purchaser or lessee or during the term of the 
        manufacturer's warranty, whichever period is shorter.

If the vehicle you purchase is defective, you may be entitled under state law to replacement of it or a refund of the cost of the lease. 
        To obtain replacement or refund, you must first report the defect in writing to the manufacturer and you may be required to first arbitrate the dispute.

In order to protect your rights under Michigan's Lemon Law, follow these steps:

Keep copies of all correspondence to and from the manufacturer and the dealer.
         Keep copies of all work orders for repairs on the vehicle, including the date(s) the work was performed and the mileage on the vehicle at the time of the repair(s).
         Follow all requirements of the warranty, including any requirement that the repairs must be done by an authorized dealer specified by the manufacturer.

Members with Leaking problems
    Kyleb                       Denali       2/19
    Fish_guru               HC            12/18        Window resealed, Spoiler sealant applied, Window replaced
    SLC                        TB
    Demon                  TB              11/18        Window resealed, Window replaced
    JKD                       Denali        11/18        Window resealed, Window replaced
    TommyboyATL    Denali        12/18
    MTSound              TB              12/18        Window replaced
    HotRdLy                                   12/18        Inspecting a vehicle at a Dealership
    RPH                      HC               12/18       Window replaced
    O Town Denali    Denali          1/19
    Dzen                     AT4              2/19
    The Silverado                           3/19
    Anthony2558       TB                3/19        Glass Shattered, Window replaced
    Smoked                TB                3/19         Window sealed but not fixed, Going for round 2
    Steve841

rocz3cqg              HC              3/19         Window Caulked

White94rx             LT               3/19         Window Caulked

ShamrockShooter TB            3/19         Headliner Damaged [Being inspected by GM Rep 4/3] Window Caulked

Luke Litten   

Corey Helgemo                       4/19         Headliner Damaged

Miguel Antonio Quioc David 3/19         Build Date 1/27/2019 Headliner Damaged        

Connor Lee           TB               4/19

Jeremy Balok        RST            4/19

George Litourneau

Scott Daniel

Richard Fuentes   Denali

M3Master                                  4/19       Sealed but still leaked, Window replaced

Eppieguy                HC               4/19       

Ktapper                  TB                4/19       Replaced the Window

RedhotRST             RST             3/19

Bowtie2007           Sierra          4/19

Chris Arruda

Daniel Glauser

KevinTM                 LT                4/19

JosephWS2019    LT Z71        5/19

18-NA-383.docx 1.21 MB · 36 downloads

This list could be updated with a LOT of new entries now...