Rear window leak

Demon

Well happy to report back that my fix so far as held up . No leak after 2 days of hard rain . 

Was semi worried that it would leak again but after they fixed  it the first time it held up.  Time will tell . 

23 hours ago, econometrics said:

Well, that was quick. Dropped my truck off at 9:15am and had it back at 4:15pm. 

2 recalls, rear squeaky brake checked (they were unable to replicate ?), tires rotated and... sealant applied to top of rear window. 

They said they followed the TSB instructions for it and were not able to get it to leak after applying the new sealant (sounds... familiar). 

The tech did a pretty good job. Some smudgy hand marks on top of my spoiler on the roof, but they didn’t run the truck through the wash before I picked it up. 

Here’s a pic. It’s a consistent application of sealant across the whole top of the window. 

70001788-59E1-45CF-BFB4-705193D0DA95.thumb.jpeg.a8441883b3c5ee5f878489f9277b3856.jpeg

So we shall see. There’s been a lot of AM condensation here lately, and my truck is parked on an incline, so I will know quickly if it’s leaking. ??

Same experience here with mine today and looks almost the same too. Dropped it off at 8am, picked up just after noon. They did clean work on mine, can barely see without looking in channel the added sealant. Tried to get a picture, but couldn't as it is hard to see. It smells just like what Safelite uses when replacing windshields and that is some strong stuff. Can't tell they were even inside the cab. I would take pics, but there is nothing to see, both inside and outside. Really hope this is the end for me, but we'll see. 

image.thumb.png.6dd4eb689bb869601cba8e8a00438532.png

• Like 1

we can go that route if I have to.  NC is a loser pays state.  I did ask her about that and she told me that was a different department and they lawyers would have to talk to them. The senior advisor told me three days ago that she was going to check into my parts and see what the expected delivery time is.  Today she told me the same thing and I'm tired of being told she will find something out and call me two days later.  Why can't she just find out and pick up the phone and call at that time-(I actually asked her that and she told me she is very busy and there are other people having issues besides me so everything takes 48hrs to do).
You need to ask the dealer service manager to put you in touch with the regional service manager. The regional service manager is the one that can submit to GM for a repurchase to get a new truck. If you go lemon law route check your state attorney general office. Our state has an expedited arbitration program. Cost $250, no lawyer needed and you get that $250 back if you win the lemon law case. The repurchase is the best bet but the process takes about two months to work through.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Well, all dry this morning, keeping fingers crossed.
Hope for the best for you. Just know that the sealent worked on my 19 for about 3 months then the leak came back. So as long as you own the truck you are going to have to keep an eye on it.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Hope for the best for you. Just know that the sealent worked on my 19 for about 3 months then the leak came back. So as long as you own the truck you are going to have to keep an eye on it.

Yeah, I know ?. I can deal with pretty much any recall concern, but a leaking vehicle is pretty ridiculous for 2019. Just not sure I'll ever "trust" it is resolved. Otherwise it's been a great truck. For all the ugliness and outdatedness of the Tundra, it has been a pretty solid vehicle for many friends that have one. I've typically only owned Honda's and Subaru's and kept them for 10+ yrs and 200k mi, this is my first GM in about 17 years (owned a 99 yukon until it got in a wreck) and it's not comforting for the thought of owning this vehicle for 10+ yrs without a leak relapse. It's almost PTSD-like having to check it after every rain and car wash. GM should extend the warranty on the back glass to 10yr/100k as I don't want to have to pay to fix this defect after the 3/36 is up. 

Edited by UGADawgs
Edit

9 minutes ago, UGADawgs said:

Yeah, I know ?. I can deal with pretty much any recall concern, but a leaking vehicle is pretty ridiculous for 2019. Just not sure I'll ever "trust" it is resolved. Otherwise it's been a great truck. For all the ugliness and outdatedness of the Tundra, it has been a pretty solid vehicle for many friends that have one. I've typically only owned Honda's and Subaru's and kept them for 10+ yrs and 200k mi, this is my first GM in about 17 years (owned a 99 yukon until it got in a wreck) and it's not comforting for the thought of owning this vehicle for 10+ yrs without a leak relapse. It's almost PTSD-like having to check it after every rain and car wash. GM should extend the warranty on the back glass to 10yr/100k as I don't want to have to pay to fix this defect after the 3/36 is up. 

I agree 100%.  Would really like to see extended warranty coverage for everyone.  I just couldn’t pull the trigger on a Tundra (I’m not wanting to buy a 2007 in 2019) and ford and Dodge weren’t appealing for various reasons.  But my jump to GM hasn’t been smooth at all.  

• Like 1

I'll be looking for a second production year tundra in 2022 as long as the rear window doesn't leak.

Wow, that was post #777 in the window leak thread. I'm heading to the store to buy a lotto ticket

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ShamrockShooter said:

I'll be looking for a second production year tundra in 2022 as long as the rear window doesn't leak.

Maybe I'll trade my 3yr old 2019 Silverado for a 22 Tundra as well, lol

5 hours ago, UGADawgs said:

Well, all dry this morning, keeping fingers crossed.

Same here. Steady, soaker rain this AM for a while. No leaking. 

But as @ShamrockShooter notes, I won’t probably ever rest checking this, and will likely have to keep going back for a while. Hoping not, but the 780 posts here don’t encourage me. 

Edited by econometrics
  • Like 1