Rear window leak

Demon

6 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

That's funny. The Chevy dealer up here advertises they are the largest volume dealer in the nation.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Haha, they all probably have some *asterisk by the end of their claim of being #1. 

I know that Classic has over 3000 Chevy’s on the lot. It’s nuts. They move a lot of metal. 

https://www.classicchevrolet.com/Dealer-of-the-Year

Well, that was quick. Dropped my truck off at 9:15am and had it back at 4:15pm. 

2 recalls, rear squeaky brake checked (they were unable to replicate ?), tires rotated and... sealant applied to top of rear window. 

They said they followed the TSB instructions for it and were not able to get it to leak after applying the new sealant (sounds... familiar). 

The tech did a pretty good job. Some smudgy hand marks on top of my spoiler on the roof, but they didn’t run the truck through the wash before I picked it up. 

Here’s a pic. It’s a consistent application of sealant across the whole top of the window. 

70001788-59E1-45CF-BFB4-705193D0DA95.thumb.jpeg.a8441883b3c5ee5f878489f9277b3856.jpeg

So we shall see. There’s been a lot of AM condensation here lately, and my truck is parked on an incline, so I will know quickly if it’s leaking. ??

One of my dispatchers husband has an early 2019 that she drove today. I asked her if I could look on the back glass to see if it has leaked. She said sure look all you want it’s been dry so far. One quick glance with my flashlight and the streaks were obvious as was the broken window frame and the stained headliner. I hate it for them I guess I just had to share my misery. 

Well, that was quick. Dropped my truck off at 9:15am and had it back at 4:15pm. 

2 recalls, rear squeaky brake checked (they were unable to replicate [emoji53]), tires rotated and... sealant applied to top of rear window. 

They said they followed the TSB instructions for it and were not able to get it to leak after applying the new sealant (sounds... familiar). 

The tech did a pretty good job. Some smudgy hand marks on top of my spoiler on the roof, but they didn’t run the truck through the wash before I picked it up. 

Here’s a pic. It’s a consistent application of sealant across the whole top of the window. 

70001788-59E1-45CF-BFB4-705193D0DA95.thumb.jpeg.a8441883b3c5ee5f878489f9277b3856.jpeg

So we shall see. There’s been a lot of AM condensation here lately, and my truck is parked on an incline, so I will know quickly if it’s leaking. [emoji1694]
Well they didn't follow the tsb as it says let it sit 24 hours before testing for anymore leaks..... Did you check you headliner, rear seats, and rear corner inside plastic trim for greasy finger prints and scratches?

I dropped mine off tonight. They are going to remove the spoiler tomorrow and see if it is the frame that is cracked or maybe just the urethane gasket on the window wasn't installed right.

The 8 speed in my 2020 lt loaner is smooth as silk. So much different than the clunky 8 speed that was in my 19 that was bought back. Guess it really is a luck of the draw with that 8 speed

One of my dispatchers husband has an early 2019 that she drove today. I asked her if I could look on the back glass to see if it has leaked. She said sure look all you want it’s been dry so far. One quick glance with my flashlight and the streaks were obvious as was the broken window frame and the stained headliner. I hate it for them I guess I just had to share my misery. 
Well better now than later. It's not your fault GM sold us a bag of lemons. You did right by them. Nobody I know or work with has dared to by a T1 Silverado after seeing what I went through. That is probably 10 k2 Silverado s in the parking lot that will all become Ford's or Toyotas.

8 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Well they didn't follow the tsb as it says let it sit 24 hours before testing for anymore leaks..... Did you check you headliner, rear seats, and rear corner inside plastic trim for greasy finger prints and scratches?

My headliner and rear seats were not affected from my leak, so they just took off the spoiler and sealed above the window, thankfully. But, yeah, I was surprised to get a call just 9 hours later to come get it. Oh well. 

5 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

The 8 speed in my 2020 lt loaner is smooth as silk. So much different than the clunky 8 speed that was in my 19 that was bought back. Guess it really is a luck of the draw with that 8 speed

Totally agree. I had a 2020 loaner with an A8 and was shocked at how smooth it was with just 1000 miles on it. Wonder what the difference is? New fluid in the torque converter? Mine still has the old, pre-March 2019 stuff. 

Totally agree. I had a 2020 loaner with an A8 and was shocked at how smooth it was with just 1000 miles on it. Wonder what the difference is? New fluid in the torque converter? Mine still has the old, pre-March 2019 stuff. 
No what I was getting at is to get the rear spoiler off, they need to pop the inside trim off and pull your headliner down to get to the bolts that hold the rear spoiler on. It's really hard for someone working in a shop to have clean hands all the time. As a result every time my headliner was pulled down there always ended up being greasy fingerprints.

I'm inclined to think its a flexing issue with the body too.  We've had a similar issue with a Jet Vac truck of ours with the frame flexing and ripping the radiator apart. We crossed braced the radiator with 1/4" steel and haven't had an issue with that one since.  The dealership is swearing they are testing it the day after they fix it but it.  

Does anyone know who will call me now? I just told my senior advisor lady that I was not happy at all with the way they were handling the problems and that they are making trucks every day so there are parts available to GM and I wanted to talk to someone higher than her that could do something.  I also told her that NC lemon law is 20 days and they are well beyond that along with 4 times back to the dealership and they hit that this time.  I told her that somewhere in North Carolina was a truck like mine that they could swap out and make me whole. So she said her supervisor would call me within 24hrs. 

10 minutes ago, JohnCasey said:

Does anyone know who will call me now? I just told my senior advisor lady that I was not happy at all with the way they were handling the problems and that they are making trucks every day so there are parts available to GM and I wanted to talk to someone higher than her that could do something.  I also told her that NC lemon law is 20 days and they are well beyond that along with 4 times back to the dealership and they hit that this time.  I told her that somewhere in North Carolina was a truck like mine that they could swap out and make me whole. So she said her supervisor would call me within 24hrs. 

Good luck.  You'll need counsel for them to entertain that.

29 minutes ago, Dean Sterling said:

I found the leak on mine Monday morning during a light rain, dropped it off at the dealer that same day, they called me today advising it’s done, rear window replaced as well as recalls done.  I was shocked they were able to get a new rear window in that quickly.   Hopefully this takes care of the leaking 

I find that extremely hard to believe you have a new window.  Maybe they sealed it.  

4 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

Good luck.  You'll need counsel for them to entertain that.

we can go that route if I have to.  NC is a loser pays state.  I did ask her about that and she told me that was a different department and they lawyers would have to talk to them. The senior advisor told me three days ago that she was going to check into my parts and see what the expected delivery time is.  Today she told me the same thing and I'm tired of being told she will find something out and call me two days later.  Why can't she just find out and pick up the phone and call at that time-(I actually asked her that and she told me she is very busy and there are other people having issues besides me so everything takes 48hrs to do).