Rear window leak

Demon

1 hour ago, lapoolboy said:

A bar bolted to the bed does nothing to reinforce the cab.

No, but it does make it look like a sporty wannabee Avalanche instead of a notch back rock and manure hauler,  lights help in the woods when camping,  and for rock crawlers it prevents their brains from decorating the headliner when they roll it and that paper thin roof you can flex with a finger caves in.

2 minutes ago, Thomcat said:

No, but it does make it look like a sporty wannabee Avalanche instead of a notch back rock and manure hauler,  lights help in the woods when camping,  and for rock crawlers it prevents their brains from decorating the headliner when they roll it and that paper thin roof you can flex with a finger caves in.

Umm ok , right on there Mr. Sport Bar dude. ?

I was referencing the topic at hand with my statement.  While true I guess, none of your reasons for loving your sport bar so much have any effect whatsoever on the rigidity of the cab (when right-side up) as it relates to the rear window. 

Dropped my 2019 Rst off today. Mine didn’t show any drops from the window almost looks like it’s coming from the spoiler. This sucks no telling how long this happened while on the lot before I bought it. 
C6C1170B-D07A-4ACB-BCDA-5669C1B67545.thumb.png.fc9a313698e0fac40e7ca855c8b33127.png
It could be the holes up top the spoiler bolts mount in, the window frame itself having stress cracks, the uerethane gasket, or possibly all of these things. My 19 that sat on the dealer lot for 6 months showed multiple water stain rings on the headliner. On my 2020 with a leak it was just dripping in the window but the headliner wasn't wet like my 19. It is up to the tech to diagnose where the leak is coming from then proceed from there.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I had made my original appointment for my window with the dealership I purchased the truck at. That dealership is close to a hour drive away. After reading all these nightmares about repeat trips to the dealer I decided to go by my local dealer today just to see what they would say about the situation. I have all my recalls scheduled, my first service scheduled, and a new rear glass ordered. They are not sure when the new window will get to the dealership. Get everything done on one trip. And then keep my fingers crossed on the new rear window. Before you ask about how I got a new window on the first trip to the dealer, I have a pretty large crack in the plastic trim around the sliding window. So I'm happy so far, came out better then expected.

Well today makes day 60 of owning the truck and day 30 of the dealership having possession of it for the repairs.
That is a beautiful thing. Depending on your state(most are 30 days) you qualify for lemon law. That makes your leverage go way up, and I would be tell district rep you want them to put in for a repurchase.

Very heavy rain for the last 12-18 hours. No leaks. I just hope the repair holds up. Mixed results with other members here. I will always look back there and  check it out. It's very disheartening. I love the truck other than this. Sad to hear the 2020's may be having the same problem. 

1 hour ago, JohnCasey said:

Well today makes day 60 of owning the truck and day 30 of the dealership having possession of it for the repairs.

Really disheartening but now you should have a great case for GM to ‘make it right’ and get you in something that’s not broken.  Hope that it’s easy process for you and not something drawn out with lawyers and things 

3 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

That is a beautiful thing. Depending on your state(most are 30 days) you qualify for lemon law. That makes your leverage go way up, and I would be tell district rep you want them to put in for a repurchase.

North Carolina is 20 days. Not work days, or exceptions for holidays but 20 days in a twelve month period “or” 4 trips to the dealer for anything. The worst part of it is err packing right now for a 5 day ski trip in WV. Supposed to snow tomorrow and Wednesday when well be driving up and Saturday and Sunday for the return trip in my wife’s 2wd traverse. I’d take the dealerships Malibu but my skis and luggage won’t fit in the little thing. 

North Carolina is 20 days. Not work days, or exceptions for holidays but 20 days in a twelve month period “or” 4 trips to the dealer for anything. The worst part of it is err packing right now for a 5 day ski trip in WV. Supposed to snow tomorrow and Wednesday when well be driving up and Saturday and Sunday for the return trip in my wife’s 2wd traverse. I’d take the dealerships Malibu but my skis and luggage won’t fit in the little thing. 
If it's below freezing just ask for your truck back