Rear window leak

Demon

Just bought my 2019 LT trail boss a month ago and just passed over 1k miles. Rained this morning and saw it leaking before I went to work. Had to throw a towel back there to prevent any damage through out the day as it’s pouring all day. Scheduled service next week now.. not looking forward to it.

000f699fc527def2320ac05671688d1b.jpg
2bb4d93a4084e2038431265feed6cb88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought my 2019 LT trail boss a month ago and just passed over 1k miles. Rained this morning and saw it leaking before I went to work. Had to throw a towel back there to prevent any damage through out the day as it’s pouring all day. Scheduled service next week now.. not looking forward to it.

I keep extra towels in those little in seat storage compartments. You never know when the next leak will happen.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

Add me to the group as I have a leak in my rear window (2019 Silverado)on the driver's side as well.  Not a big leak, but a leak nonetheless.  Very frustrating.  I called the dealer but still waiting for a call back.  This is my THIRD new Chevy truck in the past 12 months as my other 2 were bought back by the dealer due to transmission issues (2018 Colorado) and a collapsed dashboard (2018 Silverado).  I guess bad luck really does happen in threes! 
Welcome. What exactly is a collapsed dash? On the brightside, it should be easier for you to get this truck fixed as I am sure they know you well at the dealership by now

Maybe if these trucks didn’t have the spoiler for GM to hide all their shoddy fixes (Attempt), they would come up with a real solution faster.  Pretty damn frustrating seeing all these new leakers almost daily here and on fb. GM kicking the can down the road does not help all of us with these trucks.  

My new window replacement continues to be leak free and I’m happy, but who knows if/when the window will break again. I was really hoping not to see any newer trucks with this issue. Makes me think there’s something else going on.

The dealership called today to say that the new replacement window has been installed and the leak is fixed. The truck went in on December 18. The glass was on back order which delayed the fix. I report back tomorrow after I pick it up as to how everything looks. ?

Add me to the list. Started sometime in the last week. 2019 Trail Boss LT 3/19 build from Mexico. Letting it leak until GM comes up with a fix that actually works. Very glad I leased this truck.

5 minutes ago, ryan030389 said:

Are the sierras having the same issue or is this just the Silverado?

Both

53 minutes ago, PtownVdub said:

The dealership called today to say that the new replacement window has been installed and the leak is fixed. The truck went in on December 18. The glass was on back order which delayed the fix. I report back tomorrow after I pick it up as to how everything looks. ?

something isn’t adding up.  I just got off the phone with a senior person at GM that told me all back windows are not just back ordered - they actually have some sort of hold on them from shipping. From TAC I believe is what was said.  Waiting on mine since Nov 29 or something. At this point I don’t even know. 

2 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Where do I find my build date? I would like to add my personal info after I take my leaking new truck with 130 miles on it tomorrow. 

Email [email protected] with your VIN. They can send you a full build sheet, which will include the build date. 

4 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

I keep extra towels in those little in seat storage compartments. You never know when the next leak will happen.

5 hours ago, Ajayen said:

Is this a sliding rear window ?