Steering Wheel Wearing Out?

So I own a 2015 LT and just started noticing that on the top of the steering wheel the smooth finish is wearing out. I don’t know if anyone else is having this issue? Is there a product to recoat? I don’t want a steering wheel cover do I just buy a new one?

happened to me on almost every GM I have ever owned (except the 1974 Blazer with the hard palstic :-)). Frustrating, but I never found a solution. Maybe an upholstery repair guy? They fixed rips in my seats and blended the color.  

The guy in the 2nd pictures gotta be a pimp.

I use these.  2 bucks delivered to my door.  Can't find this style where I live.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Black-Soft-Warm-Plush-Auto-Car-Steering-Wheel-Cover-Furry-Winter-NEW/232844078220?hash=item363696ac8c:g:Of8AAOSwdA5bPcOZ:rk:23:pf:0

JIm

Edited by jagabom

I’ve heard that Kiwi liquid gloss black (or brown if the wheel is brown) shoe polish works but I’ve never tried it. I’d maybe just try a tiny spot before I slopped it all over. 

11 hours ago, SS502 said:

I’ve heard that Kiwi liquid gloss black (or brown if the wheel is brown) shoe polish works but I’ve never tried it. I’d maybe just try a tiny spot before I slopped it all over. 

I was thinking this was the non-leather wheel (23278598) so I don't think I would try this on a leather wrapped wheel unless I was desperate and willing to purchase a new one if it didn't work. A new non-leather sterring wheel is about $110.