2019 Trail boss dead on ice

Cjc

1) Had to turn off the truck so it wouldn't melt the ice. 2) Once turned off, driver accidentally accepted an over-the-air software update. 3) Once update has been accepted, truck will not start until complete. 

Not a joke, it's the way it works and clearly states that when you accept the update that the truck can't be restarted until update is complete. Beats the hell out of downloading files to a USB stick and updating them or having to take it to a dealer for an update. This was nothing more than driver error - should have never accepted the update.

Edited by GeneJock
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GeneJock said:

1) Had to turn off the truck so it wouldn't melt the ice. 2) Once turned off, driver accidentally accepted an over-the-air software update. 3) Once update has been accepted, truck will not start until complete. 

Not a joke, it's the way it works and clearly states that when you accept the update that the truck can't be restarted until update is complete. Beats the hell out of downloading files to a USB stick and updating them or having to take it to a dealer for an update. This was nothing more than driver error - should have never accepted the update.

So you are saying if GM can mess up and accidentally brick a new vehicle we as consumers should know better and not brick our new vehicle ?

1 hour ago, GeneJock said:

Yep, I hated having to download updates to usb for my Ram. 

What I'm saying is that in VERY large print on the screen it says that the vehicle can not be restarted until the update is done. When mine was needed, I just hit cancel until I was in a place/time where it wouldn't matter if it had to sit for a little while - like when I got home in my driveway. It's really not that hard.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, O_J_Simpson said:

So you are saying if GM can mess up and accidentally brick a new vehicle we as consumers should know better and not brick our new vehicle ?

When you update the software on your smartphone it won't work until the update is finished either. 

• Like 1

I was out and about the other day and was prompted about an update being available, I told it to remind me later and went on about my errands and updated when I parked it at home.
Here's a screen shot of the warning it gives you....pretty easy to understand it!

20181118_141001.jpg

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, RAYS B4U said:

I was out and about the other day and was prompted about an update being available, I told it to remind me later and went on about my errands and updated when I parked it at home.
Here's a screen shot of the warning it gives you....pretty easy to understand it!

20181118_141001.jpg

Sure as shit better not do that when at a Red Wings Game LOL.

How this simple thing is missed by so many on this forum.

• Haha 1