2019 TrailBoss Breaks Down on Ice at Redwings Game

6 hours ago, Rocz3cqg said:

According to the news, the driver accepted an Update over the air which made the truck inoperative for a short period.

Sounds like some CYA for GM. I wouldn't expect them to openly admit that they had an issue that caused it to break down. I would expect some kind of recall soon otherwise to prevent people from doing the "update" while driving on the road ways.

According to the Detroit News, they had shut the truck off to prevent the heat from melting the ice per the protocol at the arena. When they

restarted, the update appeared and was accepted. The vehicle was driven off under its own power.

Edited by Rocz3cqg
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 10:15 PM, j-ten-ner said:

Maybe the GMT900 were the last good trucks after all...haha

so long

j-ten-ner

You mean the GMT800's correct?

As long as electronics come into play controlling our vehicles, I feel there is always going to be issues.    The days of old with mechanical systems are gone and so is the reliability, the way of the future unfortunately, and they what driver-less cars?   :lol:

54 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

You mean the GMT800's correct?

As long as electronics come into play controlling our vehicles, I feel there is always going to be issues.    The days of old with mechanical systems are gone and so is the reliability, the way of the future unfortunately, and they what driver-less cars?   :lol:

No, I meant the 900 because it's mostly considered as the worst truck build by GM.

Although I hope that I'm not around anymore when driver-less cars take over, it would be fun to watch when a computer goes haywire and they're aimlessly crashing into each other haha.

so long

j-ten-ner