Silverado HD revealed

32 minutes ago, Rosco said:

After waiting to see this before buying a 2019, I guess the 2019 wins. Maybe the GMC will look better. This "thing" will never grow on me. Plus, waiting for more details on the gas engine.  Someone should be fired over this. I thought the new Toyota Avalon was the ugliest front end to see a dealership......

The GMC will be the clear winner. You can see enough through the camo to see that it’s pretty traditional. 

C2F01748-AC9D-4B1D-BF07-B86359EA5377.jpeg

94B03C4C-BC27-478C-BA0F-5E347406D47B.jpeg

horrible. 

can only hope the other trims have different front ends. 

the bed step looks pretty janky to me, sticks out like a sore thumb.

hopefully the gmc is much better. otherwise, i will be buying one of the competitors products

Really wish I could buy a 19 because that is one ugly front end and I don’t like the mirrors or the fender trim I know the GMC already had it but was glad chevys didn’t. The 1500s have grown on me but that I don’t think will ?

1 hour ago, Rme2513 said:

Really wish I could buy a 19 because that is one ugly front end and I don’t like the mirrors or the fender trim I know the GMC already had it but was glad chevys didn’t. The 1500s have grown on me but that I don’t think will ?

The fender trim is pretty practical for an HD user. Keeps rock chips away and keeps from rusting.  I’m actually really happy it’s on the Chevy.  That’s one reason I’m looking at High Country now vs GMC or RAM.

On 12/4/2018 at 9:47 AM, Logan Lanfear said:

This truck is a disgrace to the 60-61 trucks.  I'm not sure where you're drawing your similarities from but I don't see it.  

@Logan Lanfear I was mostly getting at how it looks like they had headlights in the hood.  That's what initially came to my mind when i saw it.  And, i thought the 60/61 was a poor front end (hood) design as well.  Probably why it was only around 2 years.

Disgusting ,An absolute a disgrace. It looks like they hired a former ford designer to design this hideous truck. I imagine the back will look like ford like the 2019 half tons do now. I`ve been looking for a 2018 GMC and there are not a lot left and I was told that you can only order 2019`s until December 13th 2018 , then they are going to shut down to retool for the 2020 . If that's true then there wont be a lot of 19`s around. It makes no sense because what are they going to sell for the rest of 2019 ? I`m hoping they don't ruin the 2020 gmc, if they do then I will not be buying another gm truck. They are going to lose a lot of sales with that look.. I`m guessing they don't take any ideas or suggestions from actual customers that use trucks for what they were originally intended used for.

I guess there listening to soccer moms and such that don't need but want an HD truck.

4 minutes ago, massbowtie said:

I guess there listening to soccer moms and such that don't need but want an HD truck.

You're blaming mothers with kids who play soccer, for the exterior design of a truck?

Just now, massbowtie said:

O.M.G. Im so sorry I said that. I didn't know you would be so offended. lol

Their obviously not listening to anyone. Hope you feel better now. I did say I was guessing.

I'm not offended at all, but it does make me wonder how much input GM does or does not seek on it's new vehicle styling.  I'm not too familiar with the process.  I'd suspect that they would solicit some opinions from selected groups.  Or, do they just give a designer a vote of confidence, and send him on his way, and tool up whatever he dreams up?  It seems unlikely, given how much money rides on the styling. 

Edited by rkj__

I'm not offended at all, but it does make me wonder how much input GM does or does not seek on it's new vehicle styling.  I'm not too familiar with the process.  I'd suspect that they would solicit some opinions from selected groups.  Or, do they just give a designer a vote of confidence, and send him on his way, and tool up whatever he dreams up?  It seems unlikely, given how much money rides on the styling. 

GM design is known to focus-group the crap out of pretty much everything.

Maybe they should fire the focus group participants [emoji4]

The problem arises when they try to be all things to all people. It’s just not possible when you’re moving 1500 units per day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

37 minutes ago, Rme2513 said:

Stole this online 

734F5F02-A9CE-4963-9499-3F35C2F1B5E3.jpeg

This is the front end that fits that high of a hood.

7324.jpg

2020_zpslelfhvck.jpg

Edited by rkj__