KYRambler

To Level or Not to Level? That is the question...

I have a 2017 GMC Sierra 4x4 with the value package and the factory p275/55r20 tires. I have a 1998 Jeep Cherokee that is lifted that i use for offroad purposes. I am debating putting a leveling kit on my truck (stamped control arms). It would be solely for aesthetics. I have the all season tires and only want to give it a more "truck" look. I am thinking of going with an all terrain in the same size. Should I do this, or go ahead with a leveling kit. Opinions are greatly appreciated.

My vote is to level it and put 275/60 20s on it.  Those tires are only a little over an inch taller (33”), and are relatively inexpensive and can be had in a P and not a heavy mileage robbing LT.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I just did the 1.5" spacer up front on mine last week. Also got some all terrain tires, makes the truck look so much better. Now it looks and feels like I'm driving a 4x4 truck. Debated going with 275/60 tires, kind of wish I did but it still looks a million times better. I went with the 1.5 inch because I still wanted a little bit of rake for when I haul firewood or tow. The 1.5 spacers I ordered actually gave me a about 1 7/8" lift at front fenders. 

• Thanks 1

I've got a LTZ with the 6.2L. Have a nice set of 18" AT tires. Never though about leveling. I like the stance. A leveled truck is nose up when towing or carrying a load and looks like ass. 

• Like 2

Level, level, and ummm level. Clear a slightly bigger tire and looks exponentially better in my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gunslinger354 said:

Do it! I did 3in front 2in rear love it

20181204_165858.jpg

I hv stock 22's on this with 285 45 22 does the group think i can get awsy with 35x12.5 or 285 55 22 or should i go with 33x12.5

7 hours ago, Gunslinger354 said:

I hv stock 22's on this with 285 45 22 does the group think i can get awsy with 35x12.5 or 285 55 22 or should i go with 33x12.5

So, the question is not whether to level or not.  You seem to have made up you mind there.  It is how to do it to get the look you want. 

3 hours ago, paracutin said:

So, the question is not whether to level or not.  You seem to have made up you mind there.  It is how to do it to get the look you want. 

Im not the original poster paracutin, ive asked questions reguarding tires with me level kit in a diff post but no one replied thats why i just adked here

13 hours ago, rahool82 said:

I just did the 1.5" spacer up front on mine last week. Also got some all terrain tires, makes the truck look so much better. Now it looks and feels like I'm driving a 4x4 truck. Debated going with 275/60 tires, kind of wish I did but it still looks a million times better. I went with the 1.5 inch because I still wanted a little bit of rake for when I haul firewood or tow. The 1.5 spacers I ordered actually gave me a about 1 7/8" lift at front fenders. 

Same thing I did.

• Thanks 1

I started a thread a little while ago asking the same things, but for my stock 20" wheels.  It seems that for every 2 guys that say a 2" level will work without rubbing, there's 2 guys saying it will cause rubbing with the stamped steel UCAs, might impact towing ability, causes a rougher ride, etc.  If I wanted all that, I should've just kept my 3/4 ton Silvy :uhoh:

I've been reading every thread I can find on this site dating back almost a year and confusion doesn't even begin to explain it.

For me, at this moment, I am leaning towards getting DuraTracs in the stock size and maybe doing just a mild 1" level this summer.

• Confused 1

I like my truck to be level at max payload, not when empty. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I like it how it is I wouldn’t level I like the stance in the back. Plus if you tow or anything it dogs in the back I hate that look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90% of the time im not towing 10% i am id rather it look sharp 90% of the time and the other 10% people understand your not really going for looks cuz your towing

• Thanks 1