Rust Proofing.... Electronic or Not?

Anyone here using or have used that Auto Saver electric rust preventative or a similar elec. anti rust device long term?  Is it snake oil or does it really work?

I had my '16 Silverado rust proofed by the dealer when I bought it.  I'll likely be keeping the truck for a few, or maybe several years, and would like to prevent rusting for as long as possible.

What say you??  Thanks (o:

Another thread about this. I’ll let you make up your own mind but the explanation of why it works in water/dirt & not a vehicle seems to make some sense to me...

Since your in the NE I would look into Krown it’s a yearly treatment. Some guys do the Fluid Film most say with no ill effects but some say it has softened the factory frame coating also on the can it warns not to spray on rubber parts. Since yours is undercoated not sure how it would react with the undercoating? This is what the frame is sprayed with from the factory Daubert Chemical NoxRust X121B again since yours is undercoated probably not really helpful but some guys use it yearly to touch up the frame. As stated above cavity wax GM actually sells their own as well should be available from any local dealer works good for DIY for nooks and crannies and hitting the top of the bed sides though the taillight holes, inside bottom of doors, fender seams, ect. annually.

Of course the best rust preventative of all is leave it in the garage and buy a beater with a heater!

I had an electronic system on my truck. It didn’t do anything. My frame had so much rust after 65k miles people thought it was a flood vehicle. It took a long time to get rid of the rust, prep for paint and paint it with POR15. Now I’m applying fluid film to the inside of the frame once the application gun arrives.

The only reason I would accept an electronic rust control module is if it came with an amazing anti-corrosion warranty.  The one my dealer offered me only had something like a 8 or 9 year rust perforation warranty.  Modern vehicles don't usually get holes in the body panels that quick, even without rust proofing. 

I usually get it as part of the Symtech package in Canada which covers paint, rust, frame peeling, rips/burns/tears in your upholstery (caused by your or not), for around $2,500. The module itself does minimal work as far as I can tell, but it must do something as they have used similar systems on Ocean liners as far back as the 1910's. Best protection is a rust inhibiting undercoat, be careful though as I have heard many types are reacting negatively with the NOX rust frame coating. 

Best rust protection: Buy a beautiful summer truck and put it away in November, buy a $3,000 sh!t can truck to drive in the salt and slush. You will retain the price of a beater truck when you trade your nice one in being not winter driven, so when you get a new one, you can get a new beater. 

The electronic systems have been proven to be worthless.  For me and others in my family, we've been using Ziebart for better than 40 years.  While not perfect (nothing is), it's done a good job for us over the years.  I've had my '15 Ziebarted and taken back each year for reapplications.  I even pull the fender liners so they can get inside the rear wheels real well.  Time will tell, but I'm happy with my choice.

Thanks for the responses.  I thought the electronic gadget sounded too good to be true, but figured it was best to find out whet others have experienced.  Snake oil it is so guess I'll just do the best rust preventative I can, the old fashion way :thumbs:

• 2 months later...