Trail Boss 18 or 20" wheels?

I was wondering if I can get some opinions on what wheel looks the nicest on the 2019 Silverado LT traiboss? If you had to pick a wheel for the trail boss, Which one would you go with?
SilveradoT1_NZT_Wheel_2k_01.jpg.c8a2d7194fa93c9881ea6c9e05ab60af.jpg
SilveradoT1_RD1_Wheel_2k_01.jpg.72c964b08a4dba1c07d5a214e0177102.jpg
Personally, I like 18's and more rubber on an "off-road" truck. I went with 18" Fuel wheels, and couldn't be happier with my choice.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

I test drove both before buying. I went with the 20s and the 275 60 20 Bridgstone Duelers. Ride so much nicer and handle way better. Don't look quite as aggressive but as an every day driver it was the right choice for me!

20181216_212645.gif

20181213_092734_HDR.jpg

Screenshot_2018-12-14-21-28-34~2.png

Edited by Ben Berkenpas
  • Like 1

Strictly style-wise I like the look of the 20s but they're too damn big and you get a weak tire on it. I dislike black wheels a ton but if I got a Trailboss it'd be the 18s all day long. Better tires, smaller wheel.

I won't lie, I unfortunately don't know jack about tires but I personally thought the 18s looked better. I decided to go with a black themed trail boss so I naturally went with black rims.

MVIMG_20181218_212050.thumb.jpg.ca788e09249d507e9370fd85726d6efc.jpg

IMG_20181218_212241.thumb.jpg.f922b4e61166c0fe519a623e571c07d0.jpg

Edited by LBtrw

It would be a tough call for me, as I'm not a fan of all black wheels, don't need a tire as aggressive as the Duratrac, but prefer the 18" size over 20", for a smoother ride, and cheaper tires.

If you made me chose, right now, I'd probably go for the 20s.

After a month with my AT4 Im glad I chose to go with 20s. They do look better the. The TB 20” but will prob get changed down the road anyway. The ride is good with the Duellers but will prob go to a slightly more aggressive tire like the Toyo AT2.

I think there is a flaw with the argument that 18s ride better than 20s. You could argue that, as an example, a 18" Toyo Open Country rides better than a 20" Toyo Open Country in the same height and width. But that isn't the choice here. If you are debating if a 18" Goodyear Duratrac or a 20" Bridgestone Duelers ride nicer there is no argument. The Bridgstones are smoother, quieter and handle better. If you intend to do alot of rock climbing, mudding, and general off roading the 18s and Goodyear's are your choice. If you do 98% of your driving on the road, pulling a boat to the lake, or taking your kids to school I'd go with the 20s

• Like 1

Best advice would be to to the dealership and see both up close and drive them. I went to the dealership "sure" that I wanted the black 18s cause they looked cool! I ended up with the 20s because they were the right choice for me. You can't go wrong either way. I've had mine for about 2 months and love it! Good luck!

"Ride better" is highly subjective as well.  18s Might be more "less bumpy".. on flat straight roads with bumps.  20s will be less nauseating in corners.

To each his own really.

For winter I like more sidewall protection, for summer I like more road feel and better cornering.

Here's mine with the 33"/22" HC Deluxe wheels and Alenza no-seasons and then with 33"/20" CK805 Denali wheels with Duratracs (still have to get new Chevy centercaps lol)

IMG_7288c.jpeg

IMG_7297c.jpeg

Edited by Daverado

I think it's subjective for sure. But for the AT4/Trail Boss models, I feel an 18" with more rubber is more "fitting" so to speak. I prefer the 20" wheels on the Denali.

It's always going to come down to personal preference.

I drove an SLT All-Terrain for two years on 20's with BFG KO2, and my current truck with 18's and the same tires rides "better".

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk