About to pull the trigger on new(to me) truck

I know this has been discussed before, but I was hoping someone could double check the engine hours on this truck. I am about to purchase this 2017 but before I drive the six hours to pick it up I wanted to make sure it didn't have excessive hours on it. Truck is a GMC 2500HD Denali with 45k miles and 1650 hours. I offered them 51k for this truck because it might need new tires soon being at 10/32. 

Any insight or advice would be much appreciated! 

Sorry for the confusion. It is a Duramax and it’s certified. This will be my first diesel so I’m making sure I take my time with my selection. What’s a good avg mph I should be looking for? I’m assuming the certification doesn’t mean much considering the high hours would likely show its face later down the road?

14 minutes ago, NWI Denali said:

Not sure what you are asking? You want someone to drive to the dealer (that you didn't mention) to verify the engine hours on the DIC?

I believe he's asking what the avg.hours is for 45,000 miles. 

I'm pretty sure he not asking someone to check it for him , he already knows it has 1650 hours 

3 hours ago, BB68 said:

my current pickup has 60 hours and 3000 miles, at this rate at 45000 miles I would have 900 engine hours.

Not many people are going to be able maintain a 50mph average. You're definitely in the minority there. My truck is around a 25mph average. 22k miles and 900ish hrs. I know I am on the other end of the spectrum. Lots of city. I would venture to guess many owners average would probably be nearer to 35mph average.

Thank you for the information everyone! Should I still consider this vehicle if the maintenance was done properly considering I work 5 miles from my house and will be using it to pull a camper mainly on the highway?

One last question also, there was another 2016 gmc 2500 at a different dealer. I inquired about the hours on the truck, especially since it is a canadian truck, and they told me that the truck didn't have an hour meter on it. I have read somewhere that this feature needs to be "activated"? How is this done? Surely all of these trucks share the same features in todays world?

Diesels are noted for their long life.  These engines are found idling at the worksite all day long!  I'm sure there is a lot of life in this '17 but  I would not pay this amount for a pickup with 45K miles.  You are so close to new pricing.  You should be looking at a used '14 or '15 pricing with this kind of mileage.